17: Who. Are. You. Mortis Heladottir?

Começar do início

She turned around to face him. "How did you get that?" she hissed.

"I investigated about the man who attacked you and he was not an ordinary wizard neither are you." He looked at the scene "After that I put an Auror to watch over you, waiting for you to do something unusual and... you did."

"I swear by the nine, if you show this to anyone I'll will kill you and believe me I don't give empty threats." She hissed grabbing him by his collar.

"It's a little late for that." He removed her hands from his collar and straightened his robes and turned around.

"What do you mean by that??"

"Dumbledore isn't the only one who knows about the Prophecy."

"Who the hell are you?? What do you want!!" she shouted. He turned around facing her and walked towards her smirking.

"The question is-" he stood in front of her and took her left hand in his "-who. Are. You. Mortis Heladottir?"

"What the-" she backed away snatching her hand from him. He walked towards her and she started walking back until her back hit the wall. She was going to shout but he put his hand over her mouth "Shhh. Don't shout or you'll regret it." Before he could say anything else his face started changing but before it could fully change he backed away and walked to the fireplace "You'll be hearing from him." He said and flooed away.

Josette's head started hurting and she fell down to her knees clutching her head and screaming. Dumbledore barged into the room after hearing her scream. "Mortis, what happened?" he crouched down beside her and helped her sit on a chair. "Where's Mr. Smith?"

"He.. he was no.. not Smith he.. used poly...Polyjuice to look like him." Josette explained still recovering from the pain.

"What happened?" she explained everything from the start. Dumbledore didn't knew about the Ferðamenn and the attack, she told him that too.

"He even knew my full name. I haven't told that to anyone but James, Sirius, Peter and Remus."

"I'm sorry for that. I'm responsible for your and everyone's safety inside the castle and intruder enters inside, without even knowing." He apologised in his usual calm tone. "I'll ask the Ministry about Mr. Smith, you should get some rest."

"Professor? Can... can stay with boys. I don't want to go back to Slytherin Common room. Please."

He smiled "Yes you can and don't think about it too much, we will find out who the imposter was."

Josette went straight to the boys dorm but it was empty. She slid into Sirius's bed, staring at the ceiling for hours and eventually fell asleep.

~☆~

"Should we wake her?" James asked

"Yes, it's dinner time." Remus said.

The Marauders waited for her at their usual spot in the courtyard but she never came. They searched the school even Hospital wing this time but never thought they will find her in their own dorm. "I am already awake!" She mumbled her eyes still closed "I don't want to eat you guys can go."

"No. Get up. You are coming with us." Sirius pulled her hand, sitting her up. "Ughhh." She whined rubbing the sleep of her eyes. "What happened love??" Sirius asked quietly.

Then she remembered everything that happened. "It's.. it's just.. I-I'm.. I'm such a disappointment. All I bri.. bring is death and sorrow. All father is ri.. right I'm a.. a murderer. I should have never came to Hogwarts, I should have stayed hidden." She mumbled on verge of tears.

"What are talking about!! You are not a disappointment. You're the most amazing person we know. You always bring happiness for us not sorrow." Sirius whispered kissing her forehead.

"What happened? Why are saying all this crap all of a sudden??" James asked

"You know the auror Joseph Smith from last year." They all nodded "He's... he's dead because of me."

"What!! How?" She explained the whole imposter thing to them.

"Are you alright?? Did he do anything to you?" She shook her head.

"You saw who he was?" Peter asked.

"No, before he could fully change back he disappeared." Josette said.

"How do even know Smith is dead? maybe he was just sick today and the imposter took the opportunity." James said. Because she passed his soul to the other side and he haven't found peace yet. That's why she was feeling guilty. She is the reason he's dead. "I just know." She mumbled.

"You are thinking too much, let's just go have dinner, you missed the lunch, you must be hungry." James pulled her out of the bed.

"I don't want to go." She whined and again crashed into the bed.

"Ok, I'll bring it here." Sirius said getting up.

"No. Don't go, please." She pouted.

"You stay. We'll bring dinner for both of you." The boys left. Josette had dinner with them and slept with Sirius on his bed together.