𝐎𝐍𝐄 .

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞
𝙋𝙚𝙥 𝙍𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙮 . . .

It was the annoying blaring of an alarm that woke Willow up

She groaned and turned over, looking at the time.

07:45.

The glowing digits stared back at Willow mockingly, and she raised her arm, looking at her wrist. Much like the alarm clock, the 3 digits on her wrist glared back at her, defiantly reminding her of her past. But it also reminded her of her perseverance, everything she's been through and here she was, living a normal life, waking up to go to the last day of the semester at Hawkins High.

Willow felt invigorated at the thought, and she quickly got up out of bed, shuffling over to the mirror to look at herself. Her hair had always had a messy charm to it, but in the morning it looked no different from a bird's nest, and no matter how much Willow combed her fingers through it, it wouldn't budge. She shrugged it off, deciding she liked the new mated look. She headed to her wardrobe and rummaged through, picking and choosing different articles of clothing she thought would go nice together, and after she got all dressed up, she was pleased at her work, the outfit practically screamed 'Willow'. She would describe her style as "grunge fairy", she liked it that way, looking mysteriously ethereal.

She checked herself in the mirror a last time before heading out into the hallway. Walking down it, she almost tripped over one of her adoptive mother's many cats, it looked up at Willow and mewed at her, though the blonde girl didn't want to be late, continuing down the hallway and heading into the kitchen.

"Good morning dear!"

Mrs Henderson called from her spot on the recliner in the living room as Willow shoved two pieces of bread into the toaster.

"Mornin' mom, where's Dusty?"

She called back while rummaging through the fridge to take out the bottle of orange juice. Her mother didn't answer however, barely even hearing the question as she cuddled up to one of her cats and watched the TV. Willow huffed slightly but continued setting out her breakfast, taking her toast when it was ready and sitting down to eat.

She stared at the simple breakfast and seemed to get lost in thought.

"Here, it's ok, it's just food alright? It's not gonna hurt ya."

The coffee shop owner's old hands shakily passed her a plate of toast with jam spread out on the top, and a glass full of orange juice. The young girl pushed her dirty blonde locks out of her face, looking up at the man with innocent blue eyes. His eyes softened at the sight of her slowly taking the toast, nibbling at a corner, before she began to down it hungrily, as if she hadn't eaten properly in months. As she ate, the old man pushed up his glasses and noted that she was wearing some sort of gown, it almost looked like a gown for a patient in the hospital, which worried him.