James then opened the door and a rush of cold air came in. When Atticus took a good look outside he could feel a mix of scared and shocked emotions. He saw a large city with buildings and pipes belching out smoke and a giant tower emitting most of the smoke.

POV James

James could notice the amazement of the strange person with him. He was glad he saved him because no one could survive the Frostland. He was not only alone he didn't even bring sufficient equipment and rations.

James: (I/L) So how do you like our little city.

As James said that an automaton passed us. James pulled Atticus out of the Automatons way.

James: (I/L) Be careful even though they are magnificent and efficient machines one step and say goodbye to one of your legs or arms

Atticus's mind: All of this they must be blessed by the Gods.

Atticus: (I/L) This city must have been given by the Gods.

James looked puzzledly at Atticus

James: (I/L) I don't know what you're saying but all the Gods we have worshiped are all fakes we built this city with our own two hands.

Atticus was shocked to hear this surely they must have received aid from the Gods then he paused for a minute... "He that all the Gods they worshiped were fake so he might be telling the truth."

James: (I/L) Anyway let's go to the cookhouse and get ourselves some food.

James then took Atticus to a small building that has a chimney that emits a lot of smoke. They then went in and Atticus saw a large number of people in the cookhouse which funnily enough made him more comfortable.

Worker 1: Hey! Over here join us.

James: Sorry fellas he doesn't speak English.

Worker 2: Does he speak French or something?

James: As a matter of fact, he speaks Latin.

Engineer: Ahh... Then let me join you I speak fluent Latin.

Engineer: (I/L) Come join us

Atticus nodded and took a seat

Engineer: (I/L) You must have a lot of stories to tell us.

The Engineer said while another Engineer joined them and put some food on the table for James and Atticus.

Engineer 2: (I/L) So what's your name lad?

asked one of the Engineers.

Atticus: (I/L) Atticus.

He replied.

Worker 1: Such a strange name for a chap in this day and age.

Worker 2: So tell us your story.

The Engineer translated for one of the workers and Atticus answered.

Atticus: (I/L) I'm born in the Empire's capital city Sadera. I joined the army when I was 16, trained, and fought until I finally worked up the ranks to be an Imperial scout. The allied kingdoms sent me through the gate to find my missing comrades only to find myself in a large snowstorm. I lost myself in the storm and wandered through the frozen waste before I was suddenly rescued by these brave men if it weren't for them I would have perished.

The Engineer translated and the Workers were surprised as they have never heard of the city called Sadera or the Empire for that matter.

Worker 2: What Empire?

The Worker asked

Worker 1: It's surely not the British Empire. Perhaps the only empires I can think about are the Russians, Ottomans, French, German, and Swedish empires.

Worker 1: Maybe they came from the structure that everyone was talking about.

Engineer 1: (I/L) You mentioned the gate.

Atticus: (I/L) The gate, said to be the portal between worlds.

The Workers laughed.

Worker 1: That's just preposterous!

Worker 2: Hahaha! Liked your joke.

James: Woah now, watch what you say I have seen the structure for myself and despite shining an automaton spotlight inside the large structure it was abnormally dark like an endless road of darkness.

The Workers stopped laughing.

Worker 1: Well better go back to the missus you know how mad she gets when I'm late.

The Workers stand up and then left.

James: (I/L) Okay after you eat I will be giving a tour of our city and where you need to go if you get sick or just want to get drunk.

Into New London part 2 to be continued.

Sorry if I was late in releasing a chapter I just thought nobody was putting too much stock in these kinds of stories. I will be explaining the JSDF side after a few chapters because correct me if I'm wrong that they only sent an expedition a month or two after the attack on Ginza.