"Chapter Twelve"

"We want to adopt you, Anne."

Adopt... me? I mean I always had looked out for myself when I escaped but... I never thought I'd be adopted as a young adult—

"This... this is a lot to take in."

Tony and Pepper weakly smiled.

"That's understandable."

"But why adopt me? Why not give an orphaned child that opportunity instead?"

"We want you in our family, Anne." Tony begins.

"You deserve a family too." Pepper agreed.

I sighed... I guess me becoming Anne Stark would also piss off Loki even more.

"Okay. But just..." I still am trying to process this. Me being part of their family even if I don't know them well enough.

The memories of the manipulation from Hydra still plays like a broken record.

"We're always your family, Subject #0380."

They group hugged me for a moment before leaving me alone.

"How are you feeling Ms. Anne Stark?" Jarvis asked.

"Jarvis please—"

"Apologies, Anne."

"You know... Jarvis. I always wondered what would you be like as an actual android..."

"That is indeed an interesting thought, Anne."

I weakly smiled.

"Jarvis by the way— did you record earlier...?"

"Affirmative. I have sent the recording to Mr Stark just now," Jarvis paused, "Would you like me to notify you of his response?"

"Yes."

"Very well."

Thor walks in with a smile, holding a piece of paper.

"Since I know you don't want to be disturbed, I'll leave you this, Lady Anne." Thor said as he left.

I read through it.

Dear Lady Anne,

It breaks my heart to hear what you've went through. You remind me almost of my brother but... you're on the good side. Loki's just... Loki. I am not much of a writer but I figured to leave you with this. Just know that Avengers, Shield, and I always will have your back. You're part of the family now.

P.S. I had discussed with everyone about this and they all agreed you can come to Asgard with me whenever you are ready.

Sincerely,

Thor

I took a deep breath. I know that I can't be here forever but... At this point this place became like a safe place. But first... now I want to see if I can make Loki angry of the news.