"Chapter Five"

Loki

Anne has just fallen into her slumber. I felt... guilty still about earlier. It was just in the heat of moment earlier that it slipped. This midgardian girl, Anne Wright, is enchanting and I'm in love with her. Her determination to try not to get attached to me and act aloof. But seeing her act shy at the store, her laughers, her blushing earlier when I called her beautiful... she's like a ray of sunshine.

"My son."

I looked up to see an holographic illusion of Frigga.

"Mother." I said still rather upset.

Her illusion approached slowly before looking around and saw Diana and Anne.

"I see you've made friends."

I didn't say anything until Frig- Mother studies Anne curiously.

"Why are YOU here?" I asked annoyed.

"I was able to convince Odin to let me speak to you and check up on you." Her illusion slowly approached, "But I must've came at the right moment. You look as if something's bothering you."

I rolled my eyes.

"Me? I'm fine." I lied.

Frigga shook her head.

"My son... I know that you're a liar." She would sit in front of me and rest her illusion hand on my cheek.

I shook my head.

"I'm fine."

Frigga would sit on the bed and rest her hand on my cheek.

"You can always tell me."

I know she's not gonna give it up. But I'm not going to tell her.  She would try to cup my cheeks.

"My-"

"Go away!!" I said loudly.

This startled Anne. immediately waking up. Mother's illusion still remained as she studied Anne once more. Anne only rubbed her eyes and blinked.

"Loki... are you okay?" She asked, looking at me directly.

She hasn't seen the illusion of Mother... yet.

"Just a nightmare is-"

"Hello." Mother greets, "Are you my son's friend?"

That's when Anne saw her... Nord damn it.

"...This better not be a trick, Loki. Because I will not hesitate to throw you back out there and suffer." She threatened.

Mother noticed her hostility, biting her lower lip.

"Tis is real, midgardian. I am All Mother."

Anne studied Mother. She looked at her friend Diana whom is still sleeping through this.

"This has to be a dream." Anne said with a fake laugh.

Mother shook her head.

"Indeed it's real," she would say with a frown.

All I can do is just awkwardly sit and bite my lower lip.

"I think I've gone mad to trust you." Anne admits still not believing my Mother's illusion is here.

"My son... I have to go." Mother says as the illusion vanished.

Anne was still trying to process everything. Her mind is all over the place and is filled with so many questions. 

"I... I guess you are telling the truth." She finally spoke after she took a huge swallow of her salvia.

"You thought I wasn't the whole time?"

"I mean. I thought you were strange man falling from the sky but I didn't think everything you said was true and took it with a grain of salt."

Grain of salt...?

"And I don't know how the hell you did that-" she stopped, "don't even bother answering."

I eyed her. I hated this feeling of guilt. I've always been mischievous and all the women fall for Thor. But I've never in a thousand of years fallen for a girl. Nonetheless a midgardian girl. Here I was admitting my feelings and that made things awkward.

"What happens now?" I then asked her in a serious tone.

"Just... I need time to process this. Diana needs time to trust you as well."

"I can leave and not be part of your life if that's your wish-"

"- No. I didn't say you can leave." She points a finger up, "You said you wanted to help me... and I guess I can take the help in need. In return, I'll teach you the ways of being a human and our daily routines... until this festival is over."

I can't believe it: this midgardian girl still wants to help me in return? I mean, I did offer to be her fake lover around that annoying boss but I didn't expect any payment in return.

"Right: this music festival..." I said with a small nod.

I guess this is a new experience: going to some music festival, befriending the girl I've fallen head over heels... having a Midgardian's friend that doesn't trust me which it's normal.

"Now please don't do anything crazy to wake me up again?" She pleaded with puppy eyes.

"Fine but I can't make promises."

She half smiled and made a small chuckle before she lays down and gets herself comfortable again. She didn't fall asleep right away. She was staring at the ceiling as if she was thinking. But because I can read minds, she kept that voice inside her mind a whisper. I would ask: but I don't want to intrude.

She then rolled towards me, looking at me.

"Loki?" She softly asked.

"Yes?"

"There's this question that I've wanted to ask..."

Oh?

"And it'll sound silly." She said with a small smile. God... this woman is driving me insane.

"Go on."

"What is Asgard like? I kept reading about the realm and hearing the Norse tales." She would still ask in a soft tone.

Asgard... home. When she brought it up: memories of my home realm played through my mind.

"It's lovely." I replied, "like your Midgardian fairytales." I dreamily said.

She listened and watched me.

"You should rest now." I can see it in her eyes. She wanted to listen more but her eyes were looking sleepy.

"Right..." she said with a nod as she would lay on her back... and finally went to sleep.

I hate to admit it... well I hate admitting in general. But I wish mother was here to guide me. As I said: Thor gets all the women and all I get is a bread crumb. But never in my life had I ever fallen for a woman and a midgardian. But I'd mess it up if I pressure her. But I also don't want to abandon her.

Gah! Why is everything going so complicated?! I only took an annoyed sigh before putting the book I was reading down. I need to rest and clear my head and hope tomorrow would be good.