Chapter 20~ Home Sweet Home

Start from the beginning

"Those two are probably gonna get married, you're gonna have to get used to her, Zenix."

My face grew warm. I forgot Gene told them about us already.

"What, did you see that in the stars, Sasha?"

"I'll make you see stars if you keep insulting my hobbies." The door opened once again. "Y/n, it's so good to see you. Come in, Gene should be down soon." Sasha gave me her signature ghostly hug that sent chills down my spine.

Much needed with how hot it is today. I greeted Sasha back before my eyes wandered to Zenix.

"Surprised Sasha wasn't holding a knife when she hugged you, considering you have Gene again."

I furrowed my brows. "What do you mean by—"

Sasha cut me off. "Zenix likes bringing things up from high school a lot." She turned to him. "I can do that to you know. Remember when you made that edgy song to confess to me?"

"Yeah, and we dated that summer, your point is? Your crush on Gene is a lot funnier to bring up."

Her crush on Gene was just in high school, right? Poor Sasha, I gotta stop this from becoming a fight. "I made cover art for an edgy love song?! That brought you two together, no less? Now I really wish I heard it."

Sasha's bitter expression faded away. "If you want to hear it, I think I still have it around somewhere."

Zenix was a lit fuse. "NO ONE IS HEARING THAT SONG!"

"I asked you to open the door, Zenix not cause a scene! Behave, we have a guest." Gene made his way downstairs and to my side, resting his left arm atop my head. I glanced his way and felt my heart skip a beat. He was wearing a simple black button-up with the sleeves rolled up and light blue jeans. 

"Knowing you two, Y/n's probably gonna be here a lot more often," Zenix retorted. "Whatever, I'm out of here."

"No one's asking you to be a hermit!" I shot back as Zenix sauntered over to the living room. Shortly after, the quiet hum of a TV echoed through the house. Wow, they already have their furniture moved in?

"How much did you pay your movers?" I joked.

"Don't worry, we didn't make Gene pay for it," Sasha replied. "I covered the cost."

"Uh-huh. I only had to cough up a few thousand dollars for the down-payment. At least Zenix helped, but no, the moving fee was much more expensive, Sasha."

Felt that. My savings account is looking pretty empty, even with the discount we were all given. Phoenix Drop's mayor paid for the hotel we stayed at, but not the more expensive part just because we moved out of his town! 

"Getting things out of an apartment is difficult. I'm glad you understand. Anyways, have fun on your date, you two." Sasha dashed off before Gene or I could get in another word.

He turned to me with a dorkish grin. "What gave you the right to look so cute?"

"What gave you"

"GET A ROOM OR GET OUT!" Zenix shouted.

Gene sighed and held the door open. "Shall we?"

We stepped out and I explained that my dad was on his way to pick us up.

"Do you how your parents feel about me?" Gene asked. "I gotta know if I should act casual or be on best boyfriend behavior."

"No clue," I replied.