Chapter 20~ Home Sweet Home

If I were to be given a grade on how much I contributed to neighborhood hunting, I'd be given a zero. But who cares when the end result is finally having a place! The A is what matters, not the few zeros that appear here and there. That's what my counselor told me when I almost failed my first semester of senior year in high school, at least. Mr. Eisler helped me make a schedule to retake tests and told me that homework assignments ultimately wouldn't affect my grade much. I'm not sure guidance counselors are supposed to say that... Something gives me the impression that he was tired of me.

Back to the new neighborhood. Thanks to Zane and Garroth's parents, we were able to get a really nice place. It made sense as it was a town away from Phoenix Drop, which might as well be considered an ancient civilization. Even still, I've lived in Phoenix Drop all my life, so it's gonna be a weird adjustment. At least I'm with the same people! Besides F/n... I glanced at Katelyn and Kawaii~chan who were sitting on the floor alongside me as we were looking for furniture and appliance options. We were dividing and conquering for specific rooms; Katelyn had the living room, Kawaii~chan had the kitchen and dining room, while I had the basement and miscellaneous wares. After we found some options, we'd show them off to make sure we agreed. I wish I could say it's been going well, but so far, Katelyn has said no to almost all of Kawaii~chan's suggestions.

We had the house for two days now, but the only thing we were able to obtain were beds, toiletries, and a few things for our pantry and fridge. The first night I could barely sleep, as it was my first night without Gene since we started dating. I had gotten used to our talks until we both fell asleep, and I ended up having to call him so I could finally sleep. It made me wonder if living together would've been the better choice. It doesn't matter now, I already promised Katelyn and Kawaii~chan that we were in this together, and Gene went through the trouble of getting Zenix and Sasha to pack up their things and move in with him.

I sighed as I brought my attention back to my laptop. Furniture shopping is so expensive... I just want to collect stuff and decorate my room...!

"I think I'm done," Katelyn said. 

Kawaii~chan and I inspected what Katelyn came up with, and we came to our first group agreement.

"Cool, I'll place the orders. After we decide on all our stuff, do you guys wanna go clothes shopping tomorrow? I know it's not like me to suggest doing that, but I seriously need more clothes."

I sheepishly laughed. "I already made plans with my family tomorrow..."

Katelyn groaned. "We just got this place and you're already leaving us?"

"I'm just visiting for the day!" I exclaimed. "You guys can go without me."

KC shook her head. "No way! You're coming with us, Y/n~chan! We'll all go Sunday instead."

"That works for me," Katelyn said. 

And we were once again on the hunt. Since Katelyn was done with her part, she decided to work with Kawaii~chan. Hopefully those two can actually agree on something...

*~o~o~o~*

It was a quarter past noon on Saturday, and I was outside of Gene's place, resisting the urge to pull at the threads of my floral top. Please answer soon, we haven't even gotten to my parents place and I already feel like I'm gonna mess up my shirt. The door swung open, but it wasn't Gene that greeted me.

"Ugh, you." As if eight years haven't gone by, Zenix slammed the door in my face. Good to see you too!

From the other side of the door, I overheard him and what sounded to be Sasha.