Chapter 9~ Clothes and Soup

Aph and I ended up having to sleep elsewhere, as Katelyn's sickness worsened. Now, no one spent much time in the room, other than to deliver her food and medicine. That isn't that important, I just thought that I should bring it up. I mean, poor Katelyn, am I right? My inner monologues...it's as if they're out of my control.

Anywhoo, it's the official day one of my stay in away from the possibility of any dates decree, as I decided that Dante's rude awakening from yesterday ruined the whole day. I was currently lazing about in the rooftop pool in a floatie, sipping on a drink through a fancy straw; something I imagined celebrities typically do. However, guess who decided to interrupt my plans once again...

Dante emerged onto the rooftop and was talking on the phone. To add to his obnoxiousness, he was on speaker. I tried to focus on relaxation, but I quickly grew annoyed, as him and who I presumed was Gene were shouting at each other. Something about clothes and soup.

"WHY ARE YOU BUYING CLOTHES AT THE SOUP STORE!?" Dante shouted.

Oh that is the LAST straw. "SHUT THE HELL UP, DANTE!"

He collapsed from his lounge chair. "Y/n, I'm on the phone! Don't be rude! When did you even get here?"

I ignored his question and snapped, "That phone of yours is so close to going for a swim with me. If you don't want that, GET OUT!"

"Hey, a swim sounds pretty nice, can I join?"

"HEY DANTE, DON'T YOU DARE! YOU PROMISED WE'D USE THE COOL LIGHT UP POOL WHEN I CAME OVER TONIGHT!" Gene shouted.

"Oh yeah!" Dante exclaimed. "Sorry bro."

"Gene can have in on this pool alright. He'll so get to see the lights. Pretty white ones... Oh, but maybe a bit of red and orange would be better..." Go to hell!!

"Eh, I was thinking purple, but if you recommend those colors, I'll check em out, too."

Purple...? Like lea— FOCUS, Y/N! Ugh, this being mad thing is exhausting... My ending line with him was about moving on, so maybe I should just let it go.

Dante and Gene's conversation carried on, much to my annoyance, until it finally ended with Dante saying, "See you tonight!"

"Wait, what?" I questioned.

"Didn't you hear when Gene mentioned it earlier? I'm finally hanging out and catching up with him! You never did give me the details about your date, so I gotta find out what he's up to myself. I'm meeting him out for dinner before him, Travis and I hang out here."

"It wasn't a date," I corrected. "Also, the hotel is my safe zone for the next three days. Go somewhere else."

Dante furrowed his brows. "I thought it was two days. Today and tomorrow."

I shook my head. "It was two days. Your interruptions keep extending my staycation." 

"I'd like to remind you who won the tickets here?" Dante retorted.

"...I guess that's true. How did you manage to get the tickets?" 

He glanced around before approaching me. "Don't tell anyone this. Promise?"

I nodded.

"Well...it was a kissing contest. And...the short story is that Aaron and I accidentally kissed."

I gasped. "So you cheated on Nicole with not only a beach babe but Aaron?!"

"Y/n...!" He reached forward and splashed me.