Maybe because you’ve never been in love before, hey Ximena?

“I-I think I am,” she echoed out loud to herself rather than her mother. Dolores cupped her cheeks and directed her daughter’s attention to her.

“I know you are. I’ve seen the way you look at him. I just can’t believe that in spite of this contract, you have managed to find love, and so quickly too. I’m happy for you my love,” she cooed at her daughter happily.

“Do you think he loves me too?” she found herself asking.

Dolores simply smiled. “I’m not quite sure. Adriano is a rather closed off and distant. I can’t quite read him yet but something tells me he’s afraid of love because he doesn’t know what it is. I think it has something to do with his past. It will be up to you to find out what it is and help him move past that hindrance. Will you take that responsibility?” Dolores said and Ximena slowly nodded her head.

“I will,” she stated confidently. Ximena was willing to do anything for him, but did she really know what she was getting herself into?

After another hug, Dolores grabbed Ximena’s shoulders and directed her towards the rack were her gorgeous wedding dress hung. “Time to get dressed and become the most beautiful bride ever.”

                                      ***

“Calm down, buddy. I’m sure she’ll be here any second now.”

Despite how many times Santiago told his friend those words, it seemed Adriano grew more nervous with each passing second. The wedding had been scheduled to begin about half an hour ago and Ximena was still nowhere in sight. What if she had found out about what happened last night at the club? Had she walked out on him? Why was he so damn agitated?

Those three questions made rounds around his mind viciously every passing second. When Amanda caught him off guard the previous night, he felt disgusted with himself. How had he even fallen for that wretched woman in the first place? She was completely unhinged. The feeling of her lips on his, her pushed up against him practically molesting him, wouldn’t go away. After getting home he took multiple showers in the hopes of getting her stench off of him. Falling asleep altogether was an arduous task. Poor Santiago had been so worried about him but he refused to tell him about what had transpired out of embarrassment.

Adriano had resolved that nobody would ever know about it, especially not Ximena. As the days elapsed, he had grown fonder of her. She clouded his thoughts all the time and whenever he would be around her, he just found himself smiling and laughing so much that it hurt. What on earth was going on with him? What was he feeling for this woman?

The thing is, Ximena wasn’t just any woman to him. She was unique in her own right. He’d never met anyone quite like her; so beautiful, witty, funny, determined and caring. It was like the stupid contract didn’t exist, like he was marrying her because he wanted to marry her.

Just what was it that he was feeling for Ximena Dos Ramos?

Salvador walked into the garden area and walked up to them. “She’s here now. Apparently, her limo got caught in traffic which slowed down the whole process.” Upon hearing those words, he visibly relaxed and exhaled a breath he didn’t even know he was holding. But then his heart did a somersault. So, she hadn’t stood him up after all, much to his immense relief. Salvador then gave his shoulder a pat before going to stand next to Omar, as he was one of the groomsmen.

The live band began to play the familiar tune of ‘Here Comes the Bride’ and everybody stood up. Not too many people were in attendance, just immediate family, some extended family and a couple of family friends. Not more than fifty people, which is what he and Ximena had asked for. They made sure that paparazzi were kept as far way as possible but somehow, he knew that pictures of their intimate wedding would surface on some tabloid.

An angel dressed in a lustrous white dress with a bouquet of white roses in her hand appeared at the end of the make shift runway, her arm wrapped around her father’s. A thin lace veil covered her undeniably dazzling face. Adriano felt his world stop for a moment as the mirage before him unfolded. He’d never seen anything quite like it before; a dream yet a reality. His mouth went dry as he looked on.

Her steps were slow and delicate that it felt like a lifetime before she was a couple of feet away from him. Emilio placed a kiss on her cheek, flashed her a very rare smile and proceeded to stand next to his wife who was almost in tears. The remainder of the steps passed and now she stood in front of him. Adriano continued to stare at her in awe.

“You know that staring is rude right?” she teased him but he kept his gaze in place.

“I’m just making sure this isn’t some kind of an illusion.”

She laughed lowly. “Are you convinced yet?”

He nodded. “Very convinced. You literally took my breath away a couple of minutes ago that I though I’d died and gone to heaven. You look so beautiful, lovely, gorgeous, stunning…the list is endless.”

“You don’t look too bad yourself,” she remarked playfully and he really didn’t. His black suit had been tailored to perfection and it was decidedly the most expensive suit he had ever worn in the entirety of his life.

The priest then began the ceremony. Adriano did not pair too much attention to what he was saying, because he was so fixated on Ximena and he also didn’t quite care about what he was saying. The only part he was waiting for was the ‘I do’ and the kiss. Damn, it has been too long since he’d captured those lips…almost two days! The time came for them to exchange their vows, which they had both committed to memory and slipped their custom-made golden bands onto each other’s ring fingers. Ximena didn’t know that he had specifically ordered the jeweler to have both their initial put into the rim.

“If anyone has an objection to this holy union, speak now or forever hold your peace.” Both him and Ximena glanced at the crowd of people, nobody said a peep. “If there are no objections then we shall proceed. Do you Adriano Pedro Dos Santos take Ximena Dos Ramos as your lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold, in sickness and health, to love and to honor, in good times and in in bad times, for richer or for poorer, until death do you part?”

With a single nod he said, “I do.”

“Do you Ximena Dos Ramos take Adriano Dos Santos as your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, in sickness and health, to love and to honor, in good times and in in bad times, for richer or for poorer, until death do you part?”

“I do,” Ximena said with a soft voice.

“By the power vested in me by the State of Florida, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride.”

No sooner than the words had left the priest’s mouth has Adriano lifted Ximena’s veil and his lips landed on her in the most passionate kiss he could muster at that moment. Everyone clapped and stood up, rejoicing with the newlyweds. “Great, their giving us a glimpse of what their wedding night is going to be like,” Omar commented and Santiago slapped him behind his head.

“Don’t be jealous,” Chelsea added sassily from the other side were the bridesmaids stood.

Once Adriano pulled away, he caressed her cheek. “Mine at last,” he whispered to her and kissed her lips once again. Afterwards, they went down to receive congratulatory remarks from the guests. Adriano felt so elated having Ximena by his side, and by the looks of it so did she. Nothing could possibly ruin the moment.

But he spoke to soon because from his peripheral vision he saw Amanda saunter over to them, clad in a cobalt body con dress with a plunging neckline. Gone were the black hair and blue eyes. Her red locks were draped across her shoulder like a mane and her lips were tilted up in a bitter smile.

“Congratulations to you both.”

__________________

Yay! The wedding finally happened! But it seems we have a gate crasher! Hmmmm...I wonder who it is....

Enjoy! Like and vote if you want to!

~Deetronite