Do You Get Déjà vu

Start from the beginning

"Looks like you guys are outnumbered."

I laughed. I was trained to take on at least two females by myself. Our Uber pulled up and as I was about to walk away, I was shoved. All I heard was my dad saying "walk away." I took a deep breath, but fuck that, I'm sick and tired of people trying to punk me.

I turned and stepped to the girl, shoving the shit out of her watching her hit the ground. That's when the brawl started. Her friends immediately jumped in, as did mine. People outside the club tried breaking it up. Cops were called. It was déjà vu all over again. People were recording and my ass was in the back of a police car once again. I was able to talk my way out of things with my parents the first time this happened. I was spit on after all, but a shove? Yeah, I hear the lecture now.

Our charge, disorderly conduct. We each had our turn to call someone. I sat their contemplating who could come get me. There's Uncle Shane, but hell no. He could be as bad as my parents. There's Bash, shit I completely forgot that Zach and Kylie were in town. Damn it. I had to call someone and I had to go with the number I could remember by hear at the moment which was Rory's. Yeah, not the best idea, but I had no other option. She answered after a few rings.

Murphy Claire, why the hell are you calling me from a damn police station?

She sounded just like mom.

I can explain later. Can you send someone to come get me? I don't have much time on the phone.

You're in so much shit once I see you and you're lucky I'm pregnant or I'd...

I heard her voice get muffling before I heard Bash's voice.

Murphy, it's Bash, what's going on? Where are you?

I'm at the Midtown Precinct. Can you please come and get me? I'll explain when you get here.

I'm on my way.

The call ended and I was escorted back to the cell. I sat there next to Pen and Jess. They had left before I did. I didn't wait much longer though as I heard my name being called. Bash was standing there. He looked tired. We silently walked to the car and he opened the door for me to get in. He handed me my things as I buckled up.

"Thanks for coming to get me, Bash."

"Disorderly conduct?"

"Long story short, the girl I fought in Florida, the one that spit on me, her friend stepped to me tonight. I was going to ignore her bullshit, but she shoved me. The brawl started from there. I'm sure I'll have a time to pay."

"I already paid it," he stated.

"Well whatever it is, I'll pay you back."

"You don't have to. I handled it."

"Thank you," I whispered.

I realized he wasn't driving to the apartment.

"You're not taking me back to the apartment."

"Your sister is up right now. Be happy I was able to keep her at home then having her come with me. She's pissed. Then there's Zach..."

I groaned.

"He knows, too."

"Yes, he's said he'd keep Ro company since I told you I'd come get you."

"Is he mad?"

"I'll let you be the judge of that."

Damn.

"Well, thanks for coming to get me."

"Not a problem. I meant what I said when I told you to call me anytime. Even in situations like this."

I nodded and we did small talk the remainder of the way to the house. Once Bash opened the door, I saw the light on in the living room and heard footsteps. Rory made her presence known and she didn't look happy.

"Babe..."

"I'm calm. Murphy, you okay?"

I nodded.

"I left you towels and pajamas in the guest bedroom upstairs. It's the room at the end of the hall. You hungry? Need anything else?"

"I'm good Rory."

She nodded and gave me a hug a kiss on my cheek. So motherly of her. This was a whole different side of Rory.

"I'm glad you're okay. Please don't scare me like that again. There's leftovers in the fridge if you're hungry. Plus..."

"Babe, I can take it from here. You can go back to bed now. I'll be up in a few," Bash spoke.

"Zach wants to talk to you before you go to bed. He's in the living room."

"Alright."

We watched as she went upstairs. I went to the living room and there Zach was, scrolling through his phone. Bash was behind me.

"Zachy..."

He looked up at me and motioned for me to sit down.

"There's a video that leaked. I called my publicist to get it blocked and taken down as it goes up. It shows that you were defending yourself and it'll all blow over, I'm sure. What we're you thinking though, Murphy?"

"I should've walked away, I know," I said quietly.

"Look I know it's not easy. I could bite your head off, but I already know mom and dad are going to give you an earful."

"I can set the phone across the room," I commented.

He and Bash looked at each other.

"I guess now would be a bad time to tell you they're coming later on today," Bash stated.

"What? Wait, did you call and tell them..."

"No, they're coming to early since Kylie and I are still here. Plus Vaughn is staying with Rory and Bash for a week."

I laid back on the couch. Zach patted my leg.

"You'll be fine," he said.

I just stared at him.

"Mom and dad giving lectures over the phone is one thing. Between the video and this happening for the second time within a span of a couple months..."

"I know, you're in for it. You'll be good though. You weren't booked. What was the damage Bash?"

"She wasn't charged or booked, just taken down for disorderly conduct. I paid the fine."

"Yeah, my parents will definitely be paying you back," I said.

Bash shook his head.

"I don't..."

"Bro, it doesn't matter. Murphy is their kid. You have two on the way and if someone paid for something stupid they did, I'm sure you'd be willing to pay it back too," Zach commented.

"Yeah, but I'm not taking it."

"They'll find a way to give it to you."

"Oh they mentioned something about staying at the apartment as well," Zach stated.

I looked at him mortified and he started laughing.

"Just kidding."

"Not funny," I mumbled.

I'm thankful neither of my siblings bit my head off about the incident. Shout out to Zach for having my back and

——————
Author's Note——

Murphy in a brawl with spit girl? Will Paul and Stephanie be upset she didn't walk away? What's in store for Vaughn when she comes to town?

Likes and comments appreciated!