friends, the ayanokouji group. (chapter 8 part 2)

Začít od začátku

¨I knew you wanted to know what happened, but if I were to babble what was on my mind at that point, I would have snitched on Yukimura.

Man was on the verge of giving us our 3rd humanities paper, myself included.

I did make an attempt to excuse myself though, but failed.¨ he addressed in a miserable way.
His aversive tone made me giggle a little.
I knew that Ayanokouji-kun wanted to bypass this exam with little effort, but his wishes were not met due to one of his classmates.

Being forced to study the content that you've mastered must have certainly been annoying.

Swiftly changing to another topic, Ayanokouji-kun then directed a question to me as we started walking.

¨Also Horikita, how was your group?¨ An opinion with regards to my group?

¨I had no problem managing my group, but it would get rowdy with the chatter for a few moments. But still, everything has been relatively progressing smoothly so far.¨ I replied neutrally.

To be completely honest the bunch were quite disciplined. I faced no problems with tutoring them except during breaks. Starting a casual conversation is not my agenda, and a brief example of my unprofessional behaviour was clear as silence crept in between Ayanokouji and I....

I could not make a word out.

However... All of a sudden, events started to escalate quickly. For all I know, it was rampant.

My senses picked up an odd sensation, like a mishap was about to happen. (horikita has now unlocked the spidey sense jk)

¨Woah!¨ Little did I know that I had tripped over and lost my footing.

Before I knew it, the ground was approaching my face at high speed.
I was too late to react, so I accepted my fate and closed my eyes.

¨Hey! Watch yourself there!¨

I did brace myself for the impact... but did not feel any impact. In... Instead... I felt the warmth of an arm directly below my chest.

The.. the grip tightened as I was brought back up to my feet. For a split second, it occurred to me that my thoughts felt wrong.

¨That! That tickles...¨ I yelped out of embarrassment. The area that was touched was where I was sensitive. As a last resort, I squinted to hide my foolish reaction. I questioned my assertiveness.

¨I.. uh.. Thank you..¨

Losing control of my composed persona, my thoughts were colliding with each other in chaos.

I'd actually expected Ayanokouji-kun to leave me as I was, but his actions broke the odds.

Ayanokouji-kun sighed, as the both of us stood on the pavement amidst the cold weather. Subconsciously, I rubbed my hands and held them to my cheeks shyly.

I was conscious of my actions, but my mind was rampant. The two did not blend well.

It was dark, cold and silent.

In addition, I was flustered and lightheaded. Due to such inconceivable conditions I was shamelessly unable to get a hold of myself. I still failed to understand why the school refused to permit the use of long stockings especially during winter though.

¨....¨

The next moment, my rational self surrendered and ceased from fighting the harsh conditions I was against.

¨From where I sat in the library, you've been standing all day.¨ Ayanokouji-kun began.

(from where I stand, I'd say her brain cells died-ed)