Chapter 18

{a/n: most of this chapter feels like a chatfic, but i guess it's ok, i kinda like it even tho it's a bit slow}

"Oh, Y/n, I almost forgot: we've called aunt Carol not too long ago, and we've settled for a week there, as always, after the incoming week. Would you like to stay there till the beginning of the lessons this year too? We could come and pick you up mid-September"

It was late evening, you came back from Hu Tao's place a couple of hours before, dropped by Jean and Fishl to be safer, and you were watching a film with your parents on the sofa. As always, your mum's thoughts never stopped even in the middle of a movie, and of course your dad understood the situation and immediately pause the film, as you answered to your mum: "Mh, I don't know this year... I would like to go, I really love it there and I miss them too, but... there's a bit of a thing going on between my friends, and this year I managed to make a lot of new friends, so I would like to spend summertime here for once... can I...?"

"Of course you can, sweetie" your dad answered before your mum could even process what you said. She had always been like that, over analyzing every world you said. A little bit like Gorou, now that you thought about it. And she still was doing all her analysis when your dad continued "But do you not want to come at all? You could come with us and also come back with us this time, staying only one week. I'm sure your friends won't die if you go on vacation for seven days"

"Hold on dear" there they were, the results of your mum's analysis "Y/n, you've always had friends, but you've always stayed there for the whole summer anyway" she smirked "Are you sure you want to stay with your friends? There's no one more special, like, for example, that fine boy from some time ago, Scara? I didn't get to see him again, but I'm sure you must meet with him a lot, am I right?"

"Oh my archons, mum please don't start this again. Scara is just a frie-"

"An incredibly good-looking friend that takes good care of you"

"Yeah, whatever, he's a friend. Nothing more. There's no one special in my life, you know I don't care about that"

"That doesn't prevent you from falling regardless, unfortunately" Your dad added, while getting up and going to get some water. You sighted deeply and felt like you sank even more into the couch. <<How did we end up talking about this...?>>

"I'm not in love with anyone, I can swear to whatever you want me to. Now, can we please go back to the main thing? I've always had friends, yes, but other than Hu Tao, Fishl and Jean I wasn't very close to anyone. And they all were always busy during summer, so till this year I didn't really lose much staying all the vacations up on the mountains. But this year, I don't know why but even with those I used to just talk sometimes in high school, like Albedo or Yanfei, I feel like I'm getting a bit closer to them... But more importantly, Hu Tao introduced me to the friends she made at uni, and we studied together, and I don't know we grew pretty close... in my opinion... I think... I don't know you're making me doubt everything, but the point is, I would like to spend time with them, like how yesterday we went to the park"

"It's ok, dear" your mum took your hand in hers and smiled gently at your worried face "take your time to decide, let's say, two days? The day after tomorrow you'll tell us what you want to do, and we'll inform aunt Carol. I'm sure even if you don't go this year they'll understand. It's nice to know you have made more friends and you're planning on spending some time with them, finally out of this house for a little"

Your dad came back with two glasses of water for you and your mum, laughing lightly "Yes, these are the best years of your life, enjoy them! Don't stay in that room studying all day everyday like you did till last year!"