- 1 -

I ran.

I ran as far as I could, away from the sirens.

Were they chasing me? I didn't know. I only focused on my feet hitting the pavement.

Why didn't I stop?

I barely had time to scold myself before I heard a blast fly past my ear, barely missing my cheek. It landed silently into the wall I nearly ran into. My stomach dropped.

Dead end.

"C'mon kid, you can't run anymore. Just come with us and you'll be perfectly fine."

No. No! I need to get away! I'm not getting caught!

I started panicking. I suddenly seemed hyper aware of the noises around me. The rush of traffic far above, more sirens, more cars, more guns. I heard them whirr to life.

I growled.

I growled?

Green eyes started glowing in the dark alleyway. Guns aimed at the sudden light. A low growl was heard. Slices of blue light were shot. None of them hit. The sound of laser blasts echoed for a moment, before the sound was twisted into shapeless but sharp figures, all aimed at the police.

There was a tense moment of silence. A few began trembling. Any sudden movement might trigger an attack.

"H-he's... an Alter...?"

"Back up slowly, we can call the ACD later."

One made the mistake of running. A green shard of light punctured his heart quicker than the blink of an eye. He was dead before he hit the ground.

A few others took the hint, slowly getting back into the floating vehicles. Others raised their weapons again. The growling grew louder and they all fell dead, bright green shards of neon light jutting out of their heads.

Green eyes slowly dimmed as the cars drifted off, growling turning into quiet sobs.

The abandoned alleyway was silent once again, the only sounds being the traffic above and the silent tears of a scared and lonely boy.