Chapter 7

You march through the hallway on the way to Smoker's office. You're still fuming about what had happened earlier. I can't believe that guy! You scoff angrily. For someone with about the same position as you, Law had quite the audacity to talk down to people. You see that the door to the manager's office is open knock on the door.
"What is it?" Smoker glances up from whatever paper he was reading and sees you, raising a slight eyebrow.
Despite being intimidated by his size before, you are just too angry to care at this point, "Sir, there's a problem with one of my coworkers, you need to deal with him!" You watch as Smoker stares at you for a while, as if he's trying to guess which coworker you're referring to.
"Sit down," he replies, setting down what he had and adjusting the glasses he had on. You comply as you walk over and sit down in the same chair you had hours before.
He sits up straight and looks at you again, "Now what's your problem?"
You let out an exasperated sigh, "it's just that- Law, he's so off putting! He's been glaring at me since I tried talking to him, he talks down to me and other people, he even got physical with another coworker!" You take a deep breath, trying to control your anger, "you have to do something about him!"

Smoker looks at you a bit shocked for a few seconds before letting out a big sigh. He takes off his glasses before speaking, "Look, I know it may be off putting at first, but you and your friends just started, you two barely know each other."
You frown at his response, "Listen, it's not just me who has complaints about him. Even the others who've been working here longer have complaints about him."
"Everyone told you about their problems with him? Or was it just one person?"
You pause, "Well, actually, it was just Sanji who told me..."
"Sanji has a problem with almost everyone. It's not that uncommon." He sighs, rather annoyed, "Besides, I've gone over his previous complaints already, and from what I've deduced, it's due to a personal vendetta that Law isn't really at fault for." He stares at you more intently, saying in a more serious tone, "Is that the case here?"

You sit there thinking about it, before you start thinking that maybe this is not that big of a deal. You look down at your knees as you reply, "I, I don't think so. But I'm probably just overlooking things..."

Smoker nods in understanding and leans back in his chair, "I am going to speak to him about that 'physical violence' you told me about, though. Unless it's for a very good reason, I'm not going to let it slide."
You slowly nod in agreement, at least Law isn't going to get away scott free.
"If he gives you any more troubles, let me know," the man frowns a bit, "but also, give it time, Law is pretty okay once you get to know him."
You tilt your head at that, but don't question it further. You mumble a thanks to Smoker and get up to leave his office.

You finally get around to taking the dirty plates to the kitchen. Normally, you would kick yourself for how long it took, but today was going different. The whole ordeal with your new coworker has gotten you frustrated enough, and it felt like Smoker wasn't going to help much. You suddenly feel eyes staring at you and turn to see that Law was looking at you in a disapproving manner.
Wow, that was fast, you think to yourself, but you realize that you didn't see Smoker leaving with you or that he even came out of his office. You assume that he knows that you went to the manager anyway, I guess he isn't that stupid, but the nerve to get angry at ME, like he did nothing wrong! You click your tongue and ignore his annoyed glare as you take the plates to the kitchen.

Once in the kitchen, you briskly walk your way to the sink, further ignoring Sanji's loud greeting. You sigh in exasperation as you dump all the dishes into the sink, slightly filled with water.

"Oi, watch it!" You look up to see that you had splashed Zoro with soapy water from dropping the dishes into the sink.
"Oh, sorry!" You giggle a bit, "I guess I wasn't paying too much attention..."
"Yeah, I noticed," Zoro shakes his head and dries the apron he has on, muttering to himself.