ᴍᴀꜱQᴜᴇʀᴀᴅᴇ

A/N: this is an au where hawks isnt a hero and quirks arent a thing, its an au to where everyone lives in this kingdom type place, ill explain in the story. bye >:3

I flattened out my red dress and fixed my red lace mask, pulled the string a little looser since it was hugging my face a little too tight. I reapplied my red lipstick and grabbed my purse. Turning left to right to look at myself in the restroom mirror. "Damn go off." I smiled from the praise I gave myself and walked out the door with much more confidence. 

My eyes scanned the ball room, the air filled with sweat and rich perfumes. My nose scrunches from the smell.

 I looked around the room, rich woman with dresses ranging from all colors you could think of with masks to match. Feathers blooming from either side. The ladies had either tight curls hanging on top of their heads, making them look as if they were male peacocks wanting to mate. Vibrate colors perched in their manes of ribbons and bows, their lips puckered with hues of pink or red, along with their toned cheeks.

I gripped my purse tighter looking at all the men in the room. Boring black or dark blue tuxedos with ties or bowties of all color sorts. They also bare masks but not as colors of the woman, just simple black masks. The clanking of a glass caught my attention away from the crowd to the large balcony with golden rails and purple flowers with ribbons wrapped delicately around its poles.  A man seated with two others stood up and held his glass high, lightly hitting it with what seemed to be a golden pen. 

He cleared his voice and spoke, "Ladies and gentlemen, I welcome you all the 18th birthday of my daughter, Murusaki." he moved to his left and let a woman who I assume is the daughter to walk to the front.

Her hair was wrapped in a tight bun on the middle of her head, a few natural curls cascade down her face and neck, her whole head a vibrate purple. Her dress, a light shade of lavender while her fur coat was one of the brightest whites I have ever seen. A smile was etched on her face that was coated with a light shade of purple to match her gown. "God she likes purple." I mumble and take a glass from a servant that waltz around the crowd giving out glasses of red and white wine, I took a white glass.

I lightly sipped as he talked of his daughter and how far she has come since she was just a child. I wanted to go home but the reward I would get for this job kept my posture at 100% along with my excitement. 

"Now a toast! To my beautiful daughter Murusaki, who will someday rule beside her husband as Queen of Yokohama!" The crowd clanked their glasses together and cheered as the band began playing a tune. My eyes were glued to the princess, she looked madly upset and hid it terribly. Her father pinched at her side with a stern look then went back to his cheery self. Thank god that's the bastard I was sent to kill. 

Sure their were many other kingdoms in our realm, nothing too special of this one. Except for a little rumor that has been going around town to other kingdom, including the one I lived in which was a neighboring to Yokohama. People say this kingdom holds a special man, his name be Keigo Takami. People say he is a hard man to please, it would be a miracle if he even kissed your ring as a gentleman should, but due to his striking looks and witty tongue, no woman can help but try for his attention.

Not that I can here for him, noooo, never. I don't take time for love. I'm a woman of murder and murder only. Give me a target and I will do what I do best. 

But I do hear he will be at the princesses birthday. No wonder every woman was overdressed.

I twist around the crowd making my way to the band, I sneak a whisper into the bandmaster to which he nods and smiles. The guests continue talking and get ready for a waltz, but the song of trumpets throw everyone off guard. A few people get their skirts together and get ready for the new dance. I once again twist through dukes and ladies to reach the target. My hand is a yard from his as I was pulled onto the dance floor. The music starting.