We stay quiet for a few minutes, just taking some time to process everything. To reassure each other that we were both here. Both alive. But there was something in his eyes, a question, he was curious about something and he seemed to be building up the courage to ask me about it.

"Ask your question." I tell him

"Huh?" he asks confused

"You want to ask me something, I can tell. Ask." I insist

"Well...we manage to see what happened because of the video surveillance, but there wasn't any sound on them, and before you lost conscious you told me that the people who attacked you were hunters. How did you know? What did they say?" he asks really intrigued "If it's too hard to relieve those moments, you don't have to-"

"It's okay. I don't mind." I reassure him "Help me sit down, I don't want to be laying down for this." I request. I would be too...vulnerable laying down. Too much like a victim. And a victim I definitely wasn't. Julius seemed to understand what I was feeling, because he helped me sit down without once complaining. He even went to get more pillows to get me more comfortable. He's an idiot really. My idiot.

"Okay, huh...I woke up maybe an hour after you left, took a shower and then I was hungry so I went to the kitchen to prepare something to eat, and that's when I felt something was wrong..."

*Flashback

I had the fridge door open to see what I had to eat for breakfast when I heard a soft thump on the ground. Almost like something or someone had fallen on the floor. Not ignoring my instincts, I am quick to grab a knife from the counter.

Now that I am armed, I feel more confident to investigate the mysterious sound

Now that I am armed, I feel more confident to investigate the mysterious sound. Everything was silent which to me just raised more alarm than anything else. There was no sound of the guards outside, no small conversation, nothing, which was unusual.

Suddenly another sound was heard. A creak from the living room floorboard. There was someone in the house. And they were trying to be silent. That did not bode well for me. That means they have not come here for friendly conversation. The opposite most likely. I hear the closet door open and then I hear shouts and a door being shut closed and locked up. They must have thrown something down the basement. What was it? A gas most likely. I needed to help them, but for that I needed to get rid of whoever lock them in there first.

I place myself against the wall right next to the door that leads the kitchen on the living room. With any luck they haven't notice that I am here. I adjust the grip on my knife and prepare myself for the fight. I hear footsteps, light, and more than one, two, maybe three people. Tricky but not impossible.

The second the first person crosses my sight of line I jump at him. I slash his hand so he drops the gun and then I plunge the knife in his armpit making him yell out in pain, and then in a quick movement I remove the knife and maneuver myself so that I am behind him, and I plunge the knife into his neck, successfully killing him. The second man, no longer surprise by my appearance and the death of his buddy raises his gun at me but I quickly place the body of the man who I had just killed, who I was still holding in front of me having him receive the two gun shots that were previously aimed at me. I quickly dump the body to the side and I grab the hand of my assailant that was holding the gun to the side so that it was no longer in my line of sight, and in a move my brother taught me, a couple of years ago, I twist his arm to the side, and I break it, making him yell in pain. With the knife still in my hand I stab him in the collarbone, but I am thrown to the side violently and harshly, making me loose the knife and therefore my only weapon.