Chapter 7

Altan's POV:

"I just can't believe this!" Shane yelled. I could tell he was yelling by how his face changed. 

 'Shane, calm down. It's not the end of the world.' I told him. 

 "Want a bet, Altan?! You don't have any siblings! You've never dreamed of having a little brother. A sister is a living nightmare! Just a spoiled little brat!" 

 'Shane! She's not even born yet! How could you say such mean things?! You are her brother. Your supposed to love her and protect her...' I signed. I could feel tears forming in my eyes. 'Shane, you have no idea..' I stopped mid-sentence. 

 "Bro? Are you ok? What don't I have an idea about..?" he looked at me. 

 'Mom and dad have always wanted a child of their own. I remember lying awake at night, thinking about times I saw mom cry and dad comforting her. I remember dreaming about having a little sibling. Playing with them, loving them, protecting them, being there for them. I never cared which I had, I wanted a sister or a brother. A sister would be just as wonderful as a brother...You have no idea what it's like because you haven't even given her a chance!'  I was not happy with him. This wasn't the Shane I knew... 'You gave Mary a chance. And you knew she was a rogue. But you can't give a little baby girl a chance? Just because she's a girl?!' And with that, I stormed off. Shane was probably calling my name, but I obviously couldn't hear him. 

Shane's POV:

I really never thought of it like that before. I'm still not quite ready to accept my sister, but I knew I was wrong. It took my best friend getting mad at me, which he rarely ever does, to get me to realize how wrong I was. I gave Mary a chance and I knew she was a rogue. So, I'll give the new baby a chance. All I can say is she better not steal all mom and dad's attention away from me. I've heard and seen several brothers and sisters like that. The sister is the favorite while the brother is left on the dust.

 I decided to give Altan a little time to cool off. It isn't often I see him like that and I really don't want to know what he's like when he's angry. I decided to go and visit Mary in the hospital. Just because I needed to do something. I wasn't as close to my cousins as you might think. The only one I'm really close to is Altan and he's mad at me. 

 When I reached her door, I could see Bobby through the little window. It looked as if he was asleep. At that moment, I saw Mary stir. When she opened her eyes and her mate, she gasped. It was then, she realized something. She weakly reached up and touched the mark Bobby had placed on her neck. 

Third Person POV:

Bobby went everyday to see his mate. He always talked to her. Sometimes, about the future. Sometimes, just random things on my mind. Other times, just telling her about himself. 

 Now, Bobby had gotten to the hospital after training and he was exhausted. He sat in his usual chair and almost immediately fell asleep. About half an hour later, Mary began to stir. The first thing she saw after opening her eyes, was her mate, sleeping peacefully in a chair across from her bed. At that moment, she felt something different. She reached over weakly and touched her neck and gasped. She realized that she bore Bobby's mark. She was in a state of panic. She loved her mate, of course. But she didn't want to bring harm to him or the pack. And by joining together, she would be putting Bobby in grave danger...

 You see, there was another rogue who was obsessed with Mary Anne. He was determined to have his way and make her his mate. Whether she liked it or not. He was a powerful man. A dangerous man. A man who always got what he wanted. He was known to all the rogues, as the King of the Rogues. He had complete power over all of them. He had armies of rogues that were huge and very strong and powerful. He had his heart set on mating Mary Anne and nothing would stand in his way...