T W E N T Y E I G H T

Start from the beginning

"Did Ivy tell you this?" He asks and I shake my head.

"Then you're pulling it out your ass, I thought you hated her why do you care so much all of a sudden" Jayden asks and now here comes the lie.

"Just because I hate her doesn't mean all my human decency goes out the window" I explain and he only shrugs.

The coach bus ride there is ridiculously long even though it was like two hours it felt like several.

Once we arrive there's a a large hotel but when we enter there's whole bunch of cheerleaders and it obviously causes us to get looks when we walk in because we're guys.

"I know where the girls are staying but we're not going to go there instead we're gonna surprise them when they go on" Coach C explains and we nod.

So instead we spend most the time eating in the little food shops.

I V Y

The ride there was horrid. Coach Daisy was questioning me, along with everyone else about the hickeys and now we're in our practice space practicing and i'm feeling sick.

This is a kind of competition where we have our cheering mixed with dancing so we're still making final tweaks.

"Layla! The landing needs to be sharper" Coach yells and we all widen our eyes. It's been a while since we've heard the yelling.

"No, we go on in 30 minutes, you aren't sticking it and if you can't land it without the extra step it's going to throw the whole group off because that's what starts the dance" Coach explains but Layla only pulls hair curls back into a ponytail before getting ready to go into her tumble set again.

It starts off with Laylas Front handspring, front tuck, step out round off, backhand spring full.

Now I clearly prefer not to flip mainly because of my personal issue with it but Layla isn't landing the full and it's important for us to make sure everything is sharp.

"Why can't she land the full properly" Leilani mumbles.

"I want to be slightly nice but we always do backhand springs into fulls so I don't see why she fumbles there" I add.

"Maybe she's nervous" Ciara shrugs.

"Or maybe she's been too busy focusing on everyone else's lives she wasn't practicing her stunts" Kimani says slightly loud to get Laylas attention, She cant stand Layla and honestly I hate Layla too but I can't say anything because I struggle with flipping too.

"What did you say?" Layla snaps her head to us and Kimani stands up. Here we go.

"I said you were too busy sticking your nose in everyone else's business you weren't practicing your stunts and now here we are thirty minutes before we go on trying to get you to land something that should be rocket science for you since you're miss tumbling queen right?" She snaps, it's about time honestly, she's never snapped at Layla.

"Okay Kimani, let me do my own job" Coach Daisy tells her and Kimani turns away.

"Ivanna come here" Coach yells more.

"Yes?" I ask trying my best not to sound annoyed.

"I know you don't prefer flipping since the incident but if Layla cannot get this you need to be a shoe in and I need to make sure you're with me on that?" She asks and I don't really say anything.

"Sure" The words just fall out my lips, I mean I have to, anything for my team.

"Okay, Ivy show me your Front handspring, front tuck, step out round off, backhand spring full" She asks and I take a deep breath before moving out the way.

(act like she's ivy i guessss)

After I stick the landing I close my eyes and take a deep breath grateful that I even landed.

"See Layla, and Ivy doesn't even do the big flipping sets anymore. Ivy you're gonna start the performance and we'll run it with you as the starter, let's go from the top please!" She demands and we obey, I just ignore Laylas murder glare and crazy eyes.

We run through the full thing and as expected it's great, I didn't mind starting with the flips even though I still hate tumbling.

"See that was great, Layla, Im giving you one more opportunity, if you can't get the flip we're going with Ivy" She tells Layla strictly before standing up.

"Teams are competing now, so we're going to go watch a team preform and take five then we're meeting back at 11:45, Layla this is your time to prefect the stunt and your chance to prove that you can do it, after we meet back we're going to go over it full out once and then go and wait to go on, got it?" She asks and we all nod.

Layla stays in the room probably practicing the flips but the girls and I follow coach Daisy to watch the other teams preform.

The first team we see one girl fumbled the stunt which was kinda bad but it wasn't too obvious.

The second performance though, it was pretty good, almost too good.

We all head back to the room because we're going on in around 10 minutes and once we do we go back we run it through.

It's supposed to be smooth but Layla fumbles the last flip.

"Shit" she hits the ground and Coach only throws her head back.

"Ivy, I know how you feel about flipping but come on, Layla isn't getting it" She asks and I just nod, I mean Iris would be proud of me. I think.

We run it full out once before getting all our stuff and heading to the side watching the other team.

We're on next and this team is good, it's even making me nervous but I see something else, well someone else that makes me even more nervous.

Or so I think I see that person.

A/N: BYE bc yall im getting my wisdom teeth taken out tomorrow so i'm off from school for like almost 6 days; yall will get feddddd this weekend.