Prologue

After arriving I looked around to see passengers and staff handling the luggage.

"She's a beaut, ain't she darling?" Father said with a smile.

"Indeed." I agreed as father held out his hand and I gracefully took it.

We walked up on the ship together.

Father and I deserved a vacation as it's been years since we had one with my dad being the Duke and I'm a Lady after all.

"Mr. and Ms. Kennedy?" A staff member said as it caught father and I's attention.

"Yes?"

"Oy! That's Duke Charles and Lady Alice!" Another staff sternly corrects. The one staff made a quick bow.

"Apologies!—"

"It's quite alright, Mr. Kennedy works fine too."

"So does Ms. Kennedy." I joined in.

"Anyways! We're working on your luggage now!"

I nod as I looked at Father.

"Father? May I be excused to the port side?"

Father smiled.

"Go ahead, dearest. I'll go mingle."

I nod as I went to the port side. I've carried this book that's been special to me ever since Mother left it for me and this locket. I sat on a bench to write.

Dear Diary,

Father and I had just boarded on the Titanic! It looks so gorgeous up here. Although... it feels so empty still without mother.

I stopped writing for a moment. No, Alice... no need to be gloom in public.

"Miss!" A voice called out.

Shit. Look what I've done!

I looked up to a redhead woman, weakly smiling.

"Hello..."

"You can call me Rose." She said holding out her hand. I took her hand.

"Lady Alice." I am so used to refer my title to the rich people like me.

Rose nods before sitting next to me.

"I couldn't help to see you rather gloom, are you alright?"

Should I lie to her...? No that would be improper.

"Just... Missing my Mother."

"Ah. I'm so sorry for your loss."

"I'm used to it."

Rose nods.

"I do love your locket, by the way."

I weakly smiled.

"It was one of the other things she left for me."

"Ah I'm—"

"It's okay, Rose." I smiled reassuringly, "I do needed a friend to speak about something like that."

Rose smiled warmly.

"Would you like to join me for dinner later?"

"I'd like that a lot." I said.

"Rose!" A voice called out to her as she sighed.

"I have to go... see you soon, Lady—"

"Just call me Alice." I said as Rose smiled as she departs.

I then held onto my book and hung over the railing. I know we aren't sailing for a few hours. But I'm taking in the fresh air and the peaceful tranquility despite it being chaotic around me. I need peace and quiet... just time to myself.