The Wall

The cold wraps around Sang-Woo and Gi-Hun as they enter the air-conditioned store. Sang-Woo takes a shopping basket and heads to an aisle without looking back to see if Gi-Hun is following him.

This is probably the worst fight they've had since the start of their relationship. And to think, just a few days ago, things were going great since that kiss. He couldn't take his eyes off Gi-Hun, and now he can't even look at him.

They've made out plenty since then. When he had Gi-Hun over to tutor him, at the school library, where they were almost caught by a teacher, even at the riverbank, where they were caught by Ji-Yeong. They've gotten better at it too, with Sang-Woo copying what he saw at the movies.

But then Thursday came along. Fucking Thursday.

Gi-Hun's footsteps get louder beside him, almost drowning out the muffled sounds of a drizzle starting. Gi-Hun catches up to Sang-Woo's pace. It takes everything in Sang-Woo to not look at him.

Gi-Hun's guard is up. It's like he's built a wall between them that Sang-Woo can't break or climb over, but he looks up and sees Gi-Hun peeking over, looking at him with an expression that tells him that if Sang-Woo brings his pride down, Gi-Hun will bring down the wall.

Sang-Woo halts next to the colored papers. "What colors do you want?"

"You choose," Gi-Hun mutters.

Sang-Woo rolls his eyes and turns to face Gi-Hun. His brain stops working, however, when he makes eye contact with Gi-Hun's piercing eyes. Gosh, he thinks. What happened to the puppy dog eyes Gi-Hun's always had?

Sang-Woo takes a breath. "Look, I know you're mad, I am too, but if we're gonna have to work on this stupid project together, you're gonna have to cooperate, okay?" It came out more aggressive than he meant.

Gi-Hun looks shocked, but he just closes his eyes. "Blue, yellow and green," he says through his teeth.

Sang-Woo huffs out a frustrated thank you, grabs the papers, and puts them in the basket.

YESTERDAY, THURSDAY

Gi-Hun is leaning against the bookshelf as Sang-Woo's hands ruffle through his hair. Their lips are pressed together, noses brushing while taking in each other's scent. Gi-Hun pulls away for a second to catch his breath but is immediately sucked back to Sang-Woo's mouth, causing their teeth to clash for a moment. Gi-Hun emits a small yelp of pain, or maybe it was a moan, Sang-Woo can't tell.

Sunlight shines through a window and puts a spotlight on them, adding to the heat of their kiss and brisk heartbeats. Their uniforms get warmer from the friction of their chests. Sang-Woo is a little scared that they'll get caught, but probably not nearly enough as he should be.

The books behind Gi-Hun shake. "Wait," Gi-Hun says, pulling away. "We're being too loud, this is a library."

They are positioned at the very back of the room, bookshelves covering them. Barely any people are in the room, just them, the librarian, and a few students studying.

Sang-Woo wipes a sweat running down Gi-Hun's forehead. "Then kiss me slower."

Gi-Hun's cheeks flush as Sang-Woo's thumbs caress them. Sang-Woo leans back in. Gi-Hun's eyes close a moment before Sang-Woo shuts his. They meet again. Gi-Hun's mouth opens as Sang-Woo's tongue finds its way in. They move in a rhythm, Sang-Woo's hand travels down to Gi-Hun's waist as Gi-Hun holds Sang-Woo's neck.

A thud near them.

They stop abruptly, quickly getting off each other, a thread of saliva snapping at their divergence. Sang-Woo grabs a book and pretends to read. Gi-Hun wipes his mouth with his arm.