The Merchant from the Depths

Start from the beginning

"What?!" Everyone exclaimed, with the exception of the girl, who's eyes shined.

"Aaaah!!! No! Don't look! Please don't look!" Azul yelled out, panicking.

"Well well, Azul. You sure are spirited all of a sudden. Shouldn't you get a little more sleep?" Jade said, and smiled at him, "Considering how far things have already gone, it would be easier for you to let this one go."

"Let's see here." The orange haired male said, leaning closer to the girl, just to see the picture.

"What's in the corner...?" The lion male said, leaning in.

"Are you talkin' about the octopus who's more rounded than any of the mer-kids, even holding the pic at an angle?" The hyena male said, pointing at the baby Azul.

"Whoa, Azul! I never knew you used to look like that!" The feline said.

(Y/n) smiled softly as she stared at the picture, "He's so cute and round..."

Azul could only blush and let out a small yell in embarrassment.

"I...I get it. I totally get what you're feeling. Everybody's got a past they wish they could erase!" Deuce said, then looked at everyone, who was looking at the picture, "I saw nothing! Neither did the rest of you, okay?! Never speak of this again!"

"Never pegged you as this, uh...passionate." Jack said.

"I was going to expand the Mostro Lounge with a branch café and simultaneously erase the shame of my boyhood. It was supposed to be the perfect plan! Two birds with one stone!" The gray haired male said.

"Hey, you know what they say: a rabbit in hand is worth two in the bush." Ruggie said.

"I got my schoolmates' yearbooks and the negatives from the photographer...I succeeded in laying claim to every single old photo of me through a whole web of deals...But there just wasn't any legal way to dispose of that last photo."

"That doesn't mean it's cool to make other people do your dirty work for you!" Grim exclaimed.

"I don't see the big deal, really. I like the old Azul." Floyd said, before grinning, "He'd make a better meal than the one we've got now."

"That's not the point at all!" Azul exclaimed.

The girl looked at him, "You don't need to be that hung up on hiding it. You put a lot of work in what you do."

The male sniffled, "This is the worst. I could crawl into an octopus pot right now." He said.

The wolf male looked at the male, "Anyway. We held up our end of the deal and brought the photo to you within the deadline you gave us. We've completely fulfilled your terms."

"Yeah. Real shame about the contracts gettin' sanded before we did." The feline said.

"But stealing just doesn't sit right with me." He mumbled, "Azul, you're a law-abiding sorta guy, right? Take some responsibility and return the picture back to where it belongs."

(Y/n) walked up to him, and gently took his hands, "We can return it together." She said, smiling softly at him, which made him blush.

"Fine...But at least let me switch it out for a version where I've been edited out of the picture." Azul said, averting his eyes from the girl, and gently pulled his hands, not used to the contact.

"Hah. You just don't know when to let something go." Leona said.

"He's right, you know. Records are a valuable treasure." Jade said.

Floyd grinned, "Ooh, field trip! When do we go? We're goin' as a group, right?" He said, as he hugged the girl, who tensed, "I haven't been to the Atlantica Memorial Museum since our elementary school field trip. This is gonna rule!"