Chapter Fifty-One

-Sibombingle Princess Ntabeni-

I got to my room, texted Qhamani asking about his day, and then took a nap.
Around 11:56 am I was woken up ngu Musa esithi she was hungry.

Me: Go find mom akwenzele ukutya.
Musa: She's not here, Siya is busy doing schoolwork.

I turned around and lay on my back, with my eyes closed.

Me: Uthini Mumu?
Musa: Umama akekho ebehambe no bhuti no Undi kudala.
Me: Bakushiyela ntoni wena?
Musa: I didn't want to go with them kaloku.

I sighed.
That was such a peaceful nap, she disturbed my peaceful nap because she didn't want to disturb Siya who was already wake? Wow!
I got out of bed, wore slides and followed her out of my room. I found Kamva in the lounge, curled up in the couch watching cartoons. I frowned, what was she doing ekhaya? Well, kwa Tamkhulu wam? Wasn't she supposed to have left with her dad kanti? I decided to just ignore her presence and pretend like she wasn't there, at all. I walked right past her and went to make Musa and I food. I warmed my leftovers while I made Musa a burger and cooldrink. She excitedly took her food and went to sit on the stoep outside, I made myself black tea and walked back out to eat in my room. On my way, Kamva saw me and stood up...

Kamva: Uhm, Sim.

I carried on walking....

Kamva: I know you can hear me, I just don't know ukuba uzondi ignore'a until when.

I chuckled.

Kamva: Can we just talk for five minutes? Please.
Me: Nope.
Kamva: Hayibo, Simbongile! At some point you have to listen to what I have to say, you cannot ignore me forever.
Me: Watch me.

With that I got to my door, walked in and locked myself in there.
She must have followed me, because as soon as I put my food on the sidestand, she tried the knob and it didn't give. Out of frustration she screamed between gritted teeth and I laughed at her.

Kamva: Sim, please open the door!
Me: Andifuni Kamva, now go away!
Kamva: Stop being a brat and open the damn door, hayibo! I just want to talk with you, and iron things out. What happened today can never happen again, you cannot put our lives at risk like that. Fuck man!

My phone beeped as I was walking towards the door... it was a message from Junior: "DO NOT ENGAGE" well, it was too late. I tossed the phone on the bed and went to open the door. She looked flushed, but I opened it and stood on the way so she wouldn't come in.

Kamva: Si-
Me: Shut up.

She swallowed.

Me: What happened today will happen again, and when it happens, I will not be there to save anyone of you because I am not your family. When it happens again, either you or whoever your dad will be with in the car will die. Don't act shocked, this is what you wanted, right? I am telling you all of this so that when it does happen I want you to know that in all honesty, ndiyathakatha. Njengoko wawutshilo ke nawe. Now, was there anything else?

She looked behind her, almost teary.

Kamva: Sim... you can't talk like that. Look, I know we are not friends but you cannot wish death on me.
Me: I don't recall wishing death on anything, I was merely operating in the operandus you entrusted me with. Why are you acting like a saint now? Okanye oo hili bakho baphinde babhuya bakuxelela ukuba ndiyekile ukuthakatha ngoku?

She swallowed and played with her hands.

Me: You better tell your dad that awuzokwazi wena ukulala apha namhlanje, or any other day.
Kamva: Unfortunately ke mntase they went to fetch our clothes, we are sleeping here this whole week.
Me: I am sure you will be able to convince your dad otherwise, kaloku andisoze ndixakwe kukuthakatha ekhaya mna ngenxa yakho.
Kamva: You're playing, right?
Me: Andiyotshomi yakho, why would I play with you?
Kamva: Sim, this is a serious issue. We both know you're not a witch mani!
Me: Nguwe nabani u both?
Kamva: Oh fuck! I am sorry Simbongile, jeez!
Me: Wrong door, go and apologize ku Siyambonga. At least lena i-apology awuyenzi in the middle of the night. He's probably busy with school, but he seems kind of fond of you so khawuyozama pha kuye.

She huffed, crossing her arms across her chest.
I closed my door and walked back to my food.
Siya called as I started eating...

Me: Juniya?

He burst out laughing, I smiled. He was probably eavesdropping the whole conversation.

Me: Uhleka nabani?
Siya: Negqwirha eli linguwe.
Me: Ndikuthakathe nawe?

He laughed again.

Siya: Phew, okay, that was funny.
Me: Uyandidika mna u Kamva bethuna. I don't get how mom doesn't see that.
Siya: Well, bendiyicingile lento bayenzayo, but I thought bazothi we should move back in not ukubana bona beze apha.
Me: Bayaphi Siya, bayapahi in the first place?
Siya: Ubhuti is still her husband.
Me: Mnxm.

He chuckled... and my phone beeped.

Me: I have to go, Qhamani is calling.
Siya: Sharp.

He hung up.

Me: Baby?
Qhamani: I'm outside.
Me: Asikaphumi isikolo.
Qhamani: Yeah yeah, funny.

I got up and went to open the gate for him.
Again, I didn't tell him about the accident. I just texted him wanting to find out how his day was, nothing about me. So yet again, his friend must have told him about our accident. I walked past her and went to open the gate for him, his was in his motorbike, he parked it closer to the gate and walked up to me on the stoep. We hugged, he kissed my cheek and walked in. I led him to my room, because we were not going to sit with Kamva in the lounge. Her eyes lit up as Qhamani walked in, but she quickly stole a look at me and I was looking ahead. I could see her with the corner of my eye. He fist-bumped her wambuza impilo and then he followed quietly behind me. We sat down, he sat on my corner ottoman and I sat on the edge of the bed.

Qhamani: What happened?
Me: Argh, I don't know.
Qhamani: In case you're wondering, I saw from her status updates. She even posted the car.
Me: I wasn't wondering baby... so, how's your day been? You didn't even respond to my text.

He laughed, probably at how swiftly I changed the conversation.
I went to get juice and cookies for him as he told me about his days' adventures. His presence made me forget about the eventful day I had, its his calmness that always got to me. he was the most chilled person after Siya.