Chapter 12: Gravity Rises (End Of New Beginning Arc)

Mahou Academy

Zale was thinking over what his dream could've meant with that inverse version of himself. After a while, he saw it was pointless as he could barely even remember much from the dream. He sat up in his seat, looking around at the empty classroom. "Do I even desvere to be here? They're so much more talented than me. How did I even get in?"

His thoughts made him want to cry. Everyone was so nice and he wished them the best, but the life he saw in his classmates was a life where he wasn't present. Loud footsteps were heard outside the class as Zale looked over to see Cyrus, Aegis and Vallin walking in a hurried pace.

Zale got up from his seat and went outside to see the problem at hand. "Hey, what's up?"

They all stopped and looked back at him. "You're still here?" Cyrus asked at the same time Vallin smirked. Aegis saw the state of Zale's eyes and knew he was crying about something.

"Yeah. I... Stayed after class to.... Learn more about the technique you showed me." Everyone, even Zale knew that was a horrid lie.

Cyrus looked down at the ground, wondering if they should tag Zale along with them. It was no doubt that Aegis and Vallin were the best students in their class so he could place certain faith in them, but not Zale. Cyrus closed his eyes, avoiding to look at Zale. "Yeah!" He opened his eyes again. "Listen, we've gotten reports that someone is heading towards Mahou Academy and is after Juniper for reasons we don't know as of yet. We're going over there and kicking his ass!" Cyrus fisted the air.

Everyone was stunned. What a horrible teacher.

Zale nodded."Are you sure I can come?"

"No." Aegis responded quicker than Cyrus. "It's clear you aren't in the best mental state for a fight yet. And your proficiency in Light Magic is horrible. Sorry, you would only slow us down."

Vallin gently hit him in the side. "He's just annoyed that I beat him in hand-to-hand combat without really even trying."

Aegis laughed at that statement. "If that's what you want to believe."

Cyrus slapped both of them behind the head. "He's coming. Even if Aegis's words are correct, if you can't protect him and yourself, then what good are you in this line of work? A failure."

Aegis looked over to the side and Vallin was excited to see himself working alongside Zale.

Asrale City, outskirts

Noctis was riding his motorbike, attempting to reach the school before that monster Kiryu arrives and takes an innocent student. Why? That question ran through his head, why does the higher-ups in the magic council want Juniper?

Did she do something wrong in the past and she's been found out? Is her power dangerous to this world? It didn't matter, suffering a fate from Kiryu isn't something anyone should have to face. The strongest against a student, it's reckless and uncessacry.

As he approached further and further to the school, he saw Kiryu walking, he seemed injured. Noctis drove faster. "He's been hurt? Is that possible? Did Juniper already face off against him?"

As his motorbike drove further and further into Kiryu, he eventually looked up, staring blankly at Noctis. He held tightly onto the handles of the bike and stood up, jumping off the bike, making it go left and right a bit but still heading towards Kiryu.

Kiryu smiled, unfazed of the vehicle approaching him. As he was prepared to crush the motorbike with ease. It suddenly swapped places with Noctis as he held tightly onto a Kunai. "Can your stupid vectors handle such a sudden change in impact?" He crashed the Kunai straight at Kiryu, but it still broke into multiple pieces and sent him flying back across the ground.