~ Stanley Uris ~

The whole room went quiet at Ben's remark

The whole room went quiet at Ben's remark. Where was Stanley? For some reason, he hadn't shown up yet. Elaine recalled many memories with her childhood friend. She truthfully did miss him. Eddie scoffed, holding back a small laugh at the mention of him. "Stanley," Richie chuckled, clapping his two hands together, "Stan Uris," He and Bill's eyes lit up as they spoke in unison, "Stan Urine!" They laughed, calling the absent man by his silly childhood nickname.

"Stanley Urine!" Richie slapped his knee, taking a sip of his drink. "No, he's a fucking pussy, he's not gonna show," "Maybe he's late, there could've been traffic?" Elaine added hopeful that maybe she'd get to see him again after all these years apart. Richie sent her a sad smile. He knew for a fact Stan would not show for one reason or another. It just wasn't in his nature. "He'll show, just give hum some time," Elaine defended, desperately wanted to see him.

"I don't think he's coming, Fitz," Richie pursed his lips, Elaine's smile fading at his words. Deep down she knew her husband was right. "Why the hell would Stanley save you anyways," Eddie broke the tension, laughing giddily. "Was I not the one who basically performed surgery on you after Bowers cut you up!" All of a sudden, memories began flooding through their minds. It was like they had never forgotten.

"Holy shit, that's right," Ben remarked, remembering the sunny afternoon they'd spent in the alley behind the pharmacy. Elaine couldn't quite remember why they'd decided to spend their summer's day in the sewers. The thought of why terrified her. "Please tell me you ended up becoming a doctor, Eds," Beverly smiled, "No actually, I ended up becoming a risk analyst," Elaine smiled sweetly at the man beside her, his job did not in fact surprise her.

"Oh that sounds really interesting, what does that entail?" Richie asked, pretending to be interested. Eddie clearly thought Richie had meant his words and continued, "Yeah, so I work for a big insurance firm and..." Richie leant over Elaine's shoulder, pretending to fall asleep on his wife. He let out a soft snore, making Elaine stifle a small giggle. She did feel bad for Eddie but Richie was just too funny sometimes.

Everyone at the table began to laugh, Elaine shoving her husband off of herself. "Fuck you, Dude. Fuck you." Eddie crossed his arms. "Was this job invented before fun?" Elaine tried her best to conceal a laugh but finally joined the rest of the group laughing. "Oh that's so not funny," Eddie defended, "It is funny!" Richie admitted, pointing at everyone laughing around the table, proving his point.

The small room filled with banter coming from every corner, everyone cackling and choking down tears of laughter. It felt nice. Normal. Elaine laughed as she wiped her eyes with a napkin from the table. Richie smiled looking at his happy wife, he hadn't seen her like this in a very long time. Her smile was from ear to ear and her cheeks puffed up with a red shine. Her eyes glimmered with interest and she genuinely looked as if she was full of joy.

After seeing his wife so upset for such a long time it was nice to finally see her happy again. "I have a toast!" Beverly raised her glass, "To the losers!" She smiled, everyone clicking their cups together. They were back. Though, this time they were twenty-seven years older. "I saw you're magazine!" Eddie grinned, pointing to her. "Vogue?! Are you kidding me, that's amazing!" Elaine chuckled thankfully, smiling back at him.