I •°. *࿐ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴜᴄʜᴇss

Start from the beginning

𝐀𝐁𝐈𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐈𝐄𝐒 •°. *࿐
      ✦ ᴇxᴘᴇʀᴛ ᴄᴏᴍʙᴀᴛᴀɴᴛ   As a former naval officer, Verdandi has been trained in several forms of combat. Her years of experience in the Xanadi Royal Navy as allowed her to become an expert in hand-to-hand combat, weapons combat, and naval warfare. However, since gaining her dukedom and renouncing her position in the Navy, her skills are not as sharp as they once were.

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐘 ⌡   Outwardly, Verdandi as crafted herself to the definition of a perfect princess. She holds her head high and moves with unquestionable grace, elegant in her actions and words. She tends to her physical image, appearing otherworldly in her beauty and alluring in her poise. Sophisticated, Verdandi is everything the modern woman is thought to be, keeping up with trends in fashion and making headway as one of the leading feminine role models within Xanadu. She rather social as well, often hosting gatherings for charities, international endeavors, and Xanadu's elite. It helps that she is seamlessly able to read a room and bend to fit its expectations, a welcoming woman with tact and immense social skill.

Verdandi is somewhat known for her eloquent yet humorous speeches. She had a witty sense of humor that she sprinkles in throughout her conversations and a vibrant vocabulary which helps to capture the hearts and minds of any listener. Her confidence is something of note as well, not just in her words, but in her actions as well. It's difficult to undermine Verdandi's assurance within herself and even more difficult to escape unscathed after attempting to ruin her reputation or family name. However, her confidence can be her folly as well, a proud woman who won't back down even if she is wrong. She has to fall to the lowest of the low before she will even think of admitting defeat.

Inwardly, Verdandi craves attention and approval, seeking it out by any means necessary. She was born for the spotlight, and when ripped out of its glow, she will wilt like a flower deprived of sun. She tends to be more lewd in private moments and can be extreme as well, especially in her emotions. In moments where she feels cornered, Verdandi can become a sharp, snappy woman, and in moments of pure fury, she can loose all control and do things she never would consciously do. She is notoriously merciless too, both in social circles and on the battlefield. She holds no qualms against taking life nor causing pain, and will actively rip opponents to shreds should they stand in her way whether that be in argument or with swords. To her, her family and her desires come above all else, and Verdandi will stop at nothing to protect both when she faces the worst.

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐘 •°. *࿐
      ✦ ғᴀᴛʜᴇʀ Erik IV, King of Xanadu †
      ✦ ᴍᴏᴛʜᴇʀ Kara, Queen Consort †
      ✦ ᴏʟᴅᴇʀ ʙʀᴏᴛʜᴇʀ Ragnar I, King of Xanadu
      ✦ sɪsᴛᴇʀ-ɪɴ-ʟᴀᴡ Skadi, Queen of Xanadu
      ✦ ɴɪᴇᴄᴇ Tora, Crown Princess of Xanadu
      ✦ ɴᴇᴘʜᴇᴡ Tyr, Prince Royal
      ✦ ɴɪᴇᴄᴇ Princess Tove, Duchess of Mennibaer

𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐄𝐒 •°. *࿐
      ✦   ᴄᴏᴜɴᴄɪʟ ᴏғ ᴇᴀʀʟs
              ⋆ ᴄʟᴏsᴇ ғʀɪᴇɴᴅ   Lady Brynhild El Hassane, Countess of the Blom Region
              ⋆   ғʀɪᴇɴᴅ   Lord Magnus Hrafn, Earl of the Har Region

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

          𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐘 𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐒 •°. *࿐
Verdandi was born as Verdandi Karasdottir Alabaster, the second child of Erik IV, King of Xanadu and Kara, Queen Consort on November 22, 1183 in the city of Hvitriki. As the second born of the ruling monarchs, Verdandi was put on the backburner of royal endeavors. Her parents loved her no less, however, she wasn't given as must consideration as her elder brother, which cultivated a desire for attention from a young age.

Once she hit her teenage years, Verdandi began to push herself more often. She filled her schedule with activities and classes, taking every course under the sun as if horsing knowledge. She ended up focusing on more social subjects, such as literature and history, and began combat lessons at age fifteen. While her elder brother, Prince Ragnar, took after their mother with his compassion and kind heart, Verdandi took after their father with her desire for power and strength.

At eighteen, Verdandi entered the Xanadi Royal Navy. Though there was uncertainty at first with her being the daughter of the king, she was quick to prove herself as capable and skilled. Through her service, she came to meet Skadi, a lieutenant commander within the Navy who swiftly became a close friend. She ended up introducing her to Ragnar and not too long after the two were wed.

         𝐃𝐔𝐊𝐄𝐃𝐎𝐌 •°. *࿐
King Erik IV passed away when Verdandi was twenty-two, leaving the throne to her then twenty-seven year old brother and his wife. As Ragnar and Skadi became Ragnar I and Skadi, King and Queen of Xanadu, Verdandi ascended to a dukedom. However, after her father had been buried and the period of mourning had passed, Verdandi returned to the Navy rather than to Hvitriki. Internal conflict among the royal family and Xanadi elite spawned as Verdandi denied her royal responsibilities. Eventually, the Navy was forced to discharge Verdandi by royal decree, and she gave up her position as lieutenant for the title of Princess Verdandi, Duchess of Markadibaer.