𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓

-𝐌𝐚𝐱-

I woke up this morning with tear stains on my face. I looked at my phone and saw I had a voice mail of Alexandria. I let it sit on my screen and did nothing with it... I didn't listen to it nor did I delete it. I pulled myself together and after getting ready I went to track for the media things they wanted to film and picture. I had to face Alexandria again today and I was so not ready for this. When I arrived everyone was already there.

"Max man your late."

"Yea sorry Christian... where's Alexandria?"

"She didn't call you? Well she left the team. Since you found it out she figured you would never forgive her and it was best to start over somewhere else."

That cut deep into me. Why did that effect me. That's what the voice mail maybe was about. I gave Christian a nod before going to my drivers room. I placed in my headphones and clicked on her voice mail. Her voice coming into my ears.

"Hey Max... I don't know if your gonna listen to this but uhm... well I stopped... I stopped being your guard and working for Red Bull..."

She staid silent for half a minute as I just heard her unsteady breath.

"One of the first things they ask you in the ER is to rate your pain on a scale of 1 to 10... I've been asked this question a hundreds times and I remember once when I couldn't catch my breath and it felt like my entire chest was on fire... the nurse asked me to rate the pain... though I couldn't speak I held up 9 fingers... later when I started feeling better the nurse came in and she called me a fighter... you know how I know? She said you called a 10 a 9... but that wasn't the truth... I didn't call it a 9 because I was brave... the reason I called it a 9 was because... I was saving my 10... and this was it... this was the great and terrible 10... because in the past 3 months I fell for you... harder then I could have imagined... and it broke me when you thought it was just me doing my job... but it wasn't... I wasn't just doing my job... I was doing my job and falling madly in love with you... I'll miss you Max Verstappen. Go get them on track... go and forget about me... because I'm not worth your tears if you ask me. Bye..."

I swallowed as her voice broke when she said bye. I can't forgive her right? She held a secret back for me but then again that was her job... but she fell for me hard she said... I need to call her back. I dialed the number of Alex and what I heard was heart breaking.

"This number is no longer available."

She changed her number... she wanted me to forget her but how could I... she was the girl I wanted for 3 months and out of nothing she disappeared. I ran out of the hospitality and raced to the hotel. I knocked on her room... no answer. I had her key! I ran to my room and snatched it from the table. I went back and opened the door. The room was empty. It looked exactly like it did when we arrived. She left... she left already and I had no idea where too. I lost her... I lost her completely. I closed her door again and opened my Instagram to maybe see something on her Instagram.

𝐀𝐥𝐞𝐱𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐚.𝐜𝐚𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐫𝐨
📍Houston

Liked by landonorris and 178

Liked by landonorris and 178.928 others

𝐀𝐥𝐞𝐱𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐚.𝐜𝐚𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐫𝐨: back in Texas baby🤠

She's in Texas... she's in Texas! I can't fly out there now... I have to be in Monaco on Wednesday well rested... god I hate this stupid shit. I banged my head into my hands as I sighed. When I tried to refresh her Instagram I saw she had probably blocked me. I sighed and swallowed hard once again. That was my last bit of contact to her. Memories replayed of us in my head. I felt bad about how I had reacted to her. I was so harsh... why couldn't I think that maybe she did love me... what if... I did see it and we would still see each other... well I guess we'll never know.

(743 words)