young leo?!

(a small little gift for my shnookums🤭🫶)
saturday, may 31
10:32 P.M.

lani laid underneath the covers of their bed, in a peaceful state of slumber. their black hair sticking to their forehead and cheeks from drool, and  mouth slightly ajar as they slept comfortably in the may heat.

the dorm stayed relatively quiet until a loud curse was heard from the kitchen area. lani jolted awake from their slumber and looked around the room confused.

trying to wake themself up, lani rubbed their eyes with their knuckle. it didn't really work, but it was good enough. she swung their legs over the side of the bed and groggily walked towards the door to investigate the culprit.

"rin, why're you yellin?" lani asked, dragging out the 'n'.

rin turned around from his spot at the stove, his brows deeply furrowed together. he rolled his eyes and turned back around, "nothing."

lani rolled their eyes back, walking closer to try and get a look at what he was making. she looked to see some perfectly round pancakes cooking in the pan.

"yum! make me some, please!" lani begged, but it was stopped quickly when rin looked at them like she was stupid.

"they already are? duh?" rin said as if it was obvious.

"yer too kind rinny!" lani said slapping him on the back, which he just grunted to.

lani walked back into their room to grab their phone, and noticed the billions of texts messages she had on their phone.

"the hell– mal die or somethin'?" lani mumbled to themself. but, that didn't make sense since mal was one of the people she got a message from.

she opened her phone and went to the message app. their eyes widened from the messages they go. most of them, at some point, read, 'happy birthday lani!'.

the shorter black haired one ran out their room and back into the kitchen, "rin, ya bitch! ya didn't say happy birthday to me!"

"oh shut up, you didn't even realize it was your birthday till a minute ago," the male said, stacking the last few pancakes, and placing them on the small table. "eat."

lani had a warm smile on their face, thankful for such a..."kind" roomate. at least, he was occasionally.

they sat together and enjoyed the fluffy treat, talking about what lani was planning to celebrate.

"i haven't really had time to plan anythin' cause of school," lani said swallowing the bite she had in their mouth. "maybe a dinner? i'm not sure yet."

"how lukewarm," rin said, thinking she'd do something bigger. "i expected something more extravagant from you."

"shut up!"

rin chuckled a little, then stood up and walked to his bedroom. he came back out with 5 bags of 'sour patch watermelon' candies.

"yer too nice today, rin! the world's endin'!" lani enthusiastically spoke, snatching the bags from rin's hands.

rin scoffed as lani opened one of the bags.

12:46 P.M.

"how's my favorite girlfriend's birthday?!" shidou shouted as lani was walking towards him.

"i'm yer only girlfriend, dumbass!" lani said slapping his arm once she was within reach.

"or are you..." shidou said teasingly, wrapping his arm around lani's shoulders. he guided them towards the restaurant they were attending for a small lunch.