lonely dinners

friday, may 6
4:47 P.M.

"your total is three thousand yen," said the black haired cashier. "have a good day, ma'am!"

the white haired lady looked at the young girl, a wise smile danced on her lips. "you are too pretty to be working here, missy. you should be on covers of magazines!"

the ravenette, emi, laughed at the older woman's comment, finding it rather endearing.

"that's kind of you, i'll go look for a modeling gig right after my shift!" emi joked, making the elder laugh. she waved her goodbye and walked out the store with her two grocery bags.

"emi, it's your time to restock the self care shelves, i'll take over the register." a middle aged man said, who was emi's boss.

"on it."

the dancer walked to the self care aisle, where she saw the cart full of things she needed to place on the shelves.

she began her work with restocking the body washes, then onto the hand creams, and then finally farther down the aisle to the skin care.

as emi was grabbing a face cleanser from the cart, someone could be heard next to her. she took a side glance to see who was there, and she saw a guy around her age. his hair was black and slightly shaggy, i mean, his hair covered his eyes.

the male felt her gaze, which then prompted him to tear his gaze away from the face moisturizer in his hands, and to the worker right next to him.

"i can feel you staring at me..." he said blankly, still keeping, what emi thinks, eye contact.

emi laughed, "sorry, couldn't help it."

"so, you're admiring my face is what you're saying?" the male spoke, a stupid smile on his face.

"not much to admire." emi said, her own cheeky smile on her face.

"okay– rude," he said with a sarcastically offended tone.

"i'm kidding!"

"hmm....are you really...."

"yes!"

both shared a good laugh with one another. after their laugh was over, emi stretched her hand out for him to take, which he did.

"emi gogatsu."

"niko ikki. wanna grab a bite to eat?"

"only if you're paying!"

5:09 P.M.

"you actually scored yourself a date? emi...i think the world's ending!"

"shut the hell up, reo! you're just mad i can actually pull, and you're still single with no one to play around with!"

"i can pull!" reo mikage gasped at such an accusation. he tucked his phone between his ear and shoulder as he parked the car. he took the keys out of the ignition and exited the car.

"you see, i was gonna grab us both dinner, but i guess not anymore." reo said dejectedly, he waved a thanks as a car let him walk by.

"you can eat without me for one night, just invite nagi over something." emi said from the other line. her shift was almost over, which meant she was getting closer to her little date.

"he's not leaving his dorm, i tried to get him to grab lunch with me earlier and he slammed the door in my face." the purple haired male said, opening the door for a small family, he gave a smile when the mother said her thanks.

"well, guess you gotta be lonely for tonight!" emi laughed, reo could practically see her annoying smile through the phone. she then hung up the phone, which left reo in a sour mood.

he walked into the restaurant and stood there on his phone, while he waited for a host or waiter to arrive.

two minutes passed when a waitress walked over to reo, "table for one?"

reo looked up and saw a waitress who had their white hair up in a ponytail, their red eyes piercing through his soul.

"uh– yeah..." reo said dubiously.

they nodded and made a motion with their hands for him to follow, which he obliged to.

"i'm revonica, i'll be your server today," rev said, taking out their small notebook. "can i get you anything to start off with?"

"a sparkling water, please," he said looking at the pre-placed menu at his small table. "a side of sliced sweet potatoes to start."

rev wrote down his order, nodding and stating they'd be back soon with his order.

after they were out of sight, reo quickly took out his phone and texted emi.

emi

5:15 P.M.

i will be enjoying this lonely dinner

bitch

today's headcanon/fun fact!sometimes mal wishes she could switch roommates, but she likes that sae will watch barbie movies with her, so she hasn't requested a switch yet

sometimes mal wishes she could switch roommates, but she likes that sae will watch barbie movies with her, so she hasn't requested a switch yet. yet.