Chapter Twelve

"Hey (Name)!!! Where were you, I've been looking for you everywhere!" Ugo called out to the said female, the magic engineer was seen craddling a large amount of scrolls within his arms. The female stood up from her seat ready to help the male, but he politely refused.

The villidean can only chuckle lightly, before sitting on her spot once again, Ugo following right after.

It's been a whole week since she woke up. There was no celebration, no grand welcomes, just silent words of gratitude, as relief washes over the resistance, and she couldn't ask for more. Everything was back up again, just like how she left off. Aside from Ugo's continuous questions and interviews that is.

Which is still on going as of now.

(Name) turned to the male, a sheepish smile etched across her face, "Sorry, I was trying to get a breather." She excused, gently fanning herself with a large leaf. The engineer however can only blink in confusion, as he accepts her excuse almost instantly before finally getting on with his questions.

Typical Ugo, he wouldn't even dare waste a time.

"So... aside from you previous answers before. The mark was left by your ancestors, right?"

Ancestors. Yes, because they're not existing anymore. I am the last of the lineage.

"Yes, so I really couldn't figure out what it was about either." She lied through her teeth, as much as she don't want to lie to the resistance, especially her bestfriend, she just wouldn't risk it. Having this specific power, comes with a price. It's not that she does not trust Ugo and the resistance. But there is just more to her power and lineage, that should just be left unspoken.

There's definite danger everywhere, and anywhere she goes. Knowing the fate of this world, and everything in between was a burden she was tasked to carry for eternity, and she will leave it like that.

"Hmmm.." Ugo's confusion is apparent that is, he was cluelesss, there is no definite answer. He's walking on uncharted lands, something he hadn't learn of, and will most probably stay as such.

She wouldn't allow it. Not them at least, she wouldn't put the resistance at risk more than they already do.

Who knew what kind of unspeakable things the Orthodox church has always been capable of?

They managed to wipe an entire clan off from the face of the earth. What could a single group of resistance do aside from stealing staves? They couldn't possibly face them head on!

The resistance is indeed composed of strong individuals, magicians even! But they wouldn't be enough against the church.

Not even Solomon himself.

"(Name)?"

The female snapped out of her thoughts, the male's concern gaze lingered on her for a while longer, seemingly trying to see the cause of her silence.

But she gingerly brush it off with a smile, "Sorry! Zoning out has been pretty frequent lately! Can you leave me on my own for a while?"

"Of course, of course!" Ugo didn't waste any time, as he gathered his scrolls and writing tools back in his arms, "I should've known you need as many rest as you can..." he smiled almost embarassed, "i'll be off now!"

The engineer sauntered off, finally leaving her on her own, probably set to search for his bestfriend.

Solomon.

Eversince that day, the two never got the chance to interact like always, the resistance has indeed noticed the sudden change, but they couldn't bring themselves to interfere.