Chapter Twenty One

Start from the beginning

The torrential rain was making it harder to see and harder to balance on the wet floor, but it was also damaging some of the battle droids non-waterproof controls.

"What happened to snips?" Anakin asked, pressing his back against Oriel's and they started circling, deflecting blasts and slicing down droids that had gotten to close.

"I told her to fall back with Boba. They weren't ready for this much heavy fire." Oriel explained and he answered a small 'Alright.'

"Was this really the best idea?" Anakin asked as they were starting to get circled heavily by battle droids and they were multiplying faster than they were being destroyed.

"Well for some reason my clones didn't follow!" Oriel said noticing that they were the only ones in the middle of the separatist ground.

"They got held up at no mans land along with my squad." Anakin answered, breathing heavily as they were using a lot of energy to protect each other and themselves.

Just then, they heard some noises of a lightsaber coming from the front lines. Oriel tried to peer over the top of the battle droids and could see some flying in the air and droid pieces getting slashed into the air by a blue lightsaber.

Now the fire was taken off them and they could easily take down the remaining distracted droids around them. When they cleared off the droids between them and their mystery saviour, none other than Obi-Wan Kenobi was revealed standing tall with his lightsaber at the ready.

"Obi-Wan! What are you doing here!" Oriel scolded before turning around and destroying a droid she sensed creeping up behind her.

"Rescuing you obviously." He replied turning another droid into spare parts.

"Well, I recall you being almost dead because of your stupidity!" She replied focusing on the force around her and pushed about five battled droids into another five, disabling them all. Oriel then turned to fully look at Obi-Wan.

He was facing the other way so his back was visible to Oriel. His clothes were still burnt but through the holes she could see his skin and there was no evidence of him ever being hurt except for the slight red marks from his skin tissue regrowth.

"I'm fine thanks for asking." Obi-Wan said and he turned around looking at the girl who's hair and robes were soaked while her boots started filling up with water.

"And if it weren't for my 'stupidity' you would not be here now would you?" He asked, deflecting blasts headed towards Oriel as she was too focused on the man in front of her to realise them.

"Well . . . I suppose. But it was still dangerous and stupid." Oriel said before going back to battle mode and engrossed herself in taking down every last droid.

❆ ❆ ❆

Not to long after, the clones reclaimed their part of the clone factory that had been overrun by the separatists, and the droid army was forced to retreat.

After they headed back to where her clones had regrouped, she started shivering as she was only wearing shorts and her sleeveless Jedi robes.

"Are you alright love?" Obi-Wan asked placing a hand on her shoulder so she would stop walking.

"Just cold." Oriel answered as her teeth started to chatter. Obi-Wan was about to wrap his arms around the girl to warm her up but the voice of his old padawan interrupted him.

"I must say, we wouldn't have lasted much longer if you didn't show Master. Where were you the rest of the battle anyways?" Anakin asked and exchanged a glance between Oriel and Obi-Wan as he had just saw the same look in Oriel's eyes that he had seen so many times in the eyes of his wife, Padme.