XLIII- Astronomy O.W.L

Start from the beginning

"What?" I opened my eyes a bit more and noticed that I was in my silk sheets. I looked up and saw Daphne looking down at me. "Daph?"

"Blaise and Theo brought you here just before dinner. Your little girlfriend," she scowled, "didn't think she'd be welcome in our common room, even less so in our dorm."

"Well she wasn't wrong, was she?" I said, my throat numbed from my sleep.

"No. At least she can read the room a little," Daphne said with disdain.

"You may not like her, but she's still my girlfriend and I'd be grateful if you talked about her with a little more respect, Daphne."

"I wouldn't dislike her so much if we weren't in such political circonstance." 

Another slap of the war. How crazy was it that some - most - people would be fine with my relationship if it wasn't for the Dark Lord.

We made our way up to the Astronomy tower with most Slytherins. I smiled at Blaise and Theo, but kept walking with Daphne and Millicent. I really didn't like Millicent as much as I liked Tracey Davis, but she had left earlier. Once at the door, we saw every other fifth year waiting there, most with dark bags under their eyes. I saw Anna and she gave me a wide smile and thumbs up in encouragement. I gave her a small smile, the biggest I could muster at the moment. Merlin I was lucky to have her.

I accidentally looked in Granger's direction and she gave me a dirty look, Weasley and Harry doing the same. Merlin, what I had possibly done to them for them to hate me so? The door opened and Professor Sinistra greeted us.

"Good night children. Please come on in and grab a telescope. You are not allowed to adjust it before we give you permission."

We walked in and grabbed a telescope. I sat where I knew I would have the best view and Draco glared at me, knowing that I had the best place. Normally I would've glared or smirked right back at him, but I needed to be completely focused. Anna sat near the side as well, thought I didn't think she'd done it on purpose. 

Professor Sinistra and the two supervisors handed out the sheets. "You have two hours and a half to complete your chart, then we are taking everything back. Good exam."

We all started watching the stars and noting what we saw, some with ease, others not. I was pretty calm and sure I could do it much faster, but I refused to make any mistake on that. This was my best subject, even if I was sure I'd passed all my other exams. School wasn't hard for me. My parents had made sure I knew everything I needed to know before I came to Hogwarts so I wouldn't fall behind. They would cover a few things I would see during the year before I even started it, but I didn't mind : it gave me more opportunities to spend time with my mother. She a natural talent for potions and was passionate about Astronomy so those were my best subjects. Father took care of Defence against the Dark Arts and took it as the occasion to teach me some nasty spells. Mother would take care of most of the other subjects. 

It seemed interest for Astronomy was something passed down in the Sacred Twenty-Eight. The Blacks were the starters of it, naming their children after constellations. I had never really told all of them to Anna, but I couldn't wait to do so soon. Draco loved all those too, his mother had taught him along with me. She had been the only person in the Black family to not be named after the stars, though she never seemed to mind much.

Some noise was suddenly heard from below, but I payed it no mind until some people screamed and a light disturbed my view. I looked up and saw Umbridge and six ministry officers attack Hagrid and his house. I glanced at Anna and saw her watch the scene with wide eyes full of shock and terror.

Other students moved towards the railing, Potter in front with Weasley and Granger. Granger watched with wide eyes and seemed on the verge of tears. Hagrid seemed to fight against them, roaring has they put fire to his hut. 

"Settle down everybody!" Professor Sinistra tried to calm us down.

"They can't do this!" Granger protested and it took everything in me to not roll my eyes. Did she not understand that they most definitely had the ministry's permission for their action?

We could see the outline of his dog jump around to try and help him until he himself was stunned. The half giant seemed furious and let out a scream we could hear from the Astronomy tower and threw away the ministry officer who had stunned his dog.

"How dare you! How dare you!" Professor McGonagall screamed as she walked out of the school. I had a bad feeling about her coming out now. "Leave him alone! Alone I say! On what grounds are you attacking him! He has done nothing, nothing to warrant such-"

She kept walking towards them, yelling at them to leave Hagrid alone and I vaguely Professor Tofty tell us there was sixty minutes left to the examination. When she stood halfway between the hut and the school, they turned to look at her and raised their wands. They immediately shot about four Stunning spells that hit her right in the chest. Patil, Brown and Granger all screamed in horror as she seemed to shine in red for a moment before being pushed back and falling on her back. 

Anna shot up while the professor expressed his disapproval for their surprise attack on her and Hagrid screamed at them, hitting all of them down to the floor. She didn't even seemed to think about it as she abruptly opened the door and ran down the stairs. 

"Anna!" I called for her but it was obviously too late. I seriously doubted anyone could've stopped her now.

Anna's POV

I ran down the stairs, my only focus on Minnie. How dare they attack her like that? I couldn't quite register where I was going, my feet were moving on their own. I burst open the doors of the infirmary.

"Miss Potter!" Poppy exclaimed. "Don't just open the door like that!"

"Minnie got hurt! You have to come quick, I don't know what the damages are but she got hit by like four stunning spells right in the chest," I explained in a hurry grabbing her hand. Her face paled at my words and she nodded.

"I'll grab a few things."

She grabbed a suitcase and ran out the infirmary. I followed behind her and quickly started to run before her as I led her to Minerva. We arrived at the doors and as soon as she saw her laying on the floor, Poppy rushed to her side, sliding to her knees to examine my teacher. She took her wand out  and ran a quick diagnostic. 

"Anna," she said seriously and she turned to me, "I need you to run to find Fillius or Pomona and urge them to send a message to Saint-Mungo's right away, is that clear? Keep your head calm, she'll be okay." She handed me a paper and told me to go.

I ran back inside and rushed towards the teachers headquarters. Minnie had me join her for tea in her room after Cedric's death last year, mentioning that she normally wasn't allowed to bring students here. I ran as fast as I could and immediately started knocking on doors loudly.

"What is all this noise?! Will you keep quiet, Merlin!" Professor Sprout exclaimed.

"Professor! I need you!" I walked to her and she looked at me in confusion.

"Miss Potter? What-"

"You need to send this to Saint-Mungo's," I told her as I forced the paper in her hands. "Please, Madam Pomfrey sent me, McGonagall got hurt."

She paled slightly at my words and immediately got her wand out. She casted a patronus and gave it the paper. It seemed to absorb the message and sent it away. Merlin I hoped Minnie was going to be fine.