"Of course, I can. I always look at you like that," he mumbled before clearing his throat and telling me, "Shh, pay attention." 

I bit down a grin and focused ahead as the priest lit up the fire and began with the prayers. The ceremony was perfect and we didn't miss a single step. 

As we completed the seventh lap around the fire, we completed the ceremony, and the knot that my dupatta was tied into with his stole, remained tied as we finished the ceremony and were pronounced husband and wife. 

While everybody around us clapped and cheered and began to take turns to start congratulating us, Rowan leaned in. I pulled away, laughing and putting a hand over his mouth. "What are you doing?" 

"I don't get to kiss my bride?" 

"No," I shook my head. "We're expected to be more private with our... acts of affection in my culture. For the most part," I explained. 

He frowned and stared at me. "Are you saying I must wait till we're alone to kiss you?" 

"Yes, you must," I nodded and then leaned in to tease him. 

His eyes dropped to my lips. 

"Oh, come on now, don't be so modest. Nobody here cares, just do it," Priya mumbled as she picked up the tray of sweets from behind us and started distributing them. 

Rowan didn't waste a second and leaned in to kiss me, ignoring the gasps from some of my native relatives. I grinned against his lips and kissed him back. 

The post-ceremony party went on till late at night and by the time Rowan and I got back home, we were drained and exhausted. 

Rowan shut the door behind us while I released a heavy sigh and let my body relax. "That was an exceptionally long day," I breathed out as he put his arms around my waist and leaned down, pressing kisses to my neck. "But so worth it," I chuckled, tilting my head back. 

"We're not done yet," he mumbled against my skin before pulling back to look at me. 

"Oh, yeah?" I asked. 

"Oh, yeah," he nodded before picking me up. 

I let out a shriek in surprise before laughter bubbled out of me as I rocked my legs back and forth and held onto him while he carried me upstairs and into our room. He shut the door and set me down on the bed. 

"I have a lot on," I reminded him with a chuckle. 

"Then take it off, my love," he replied pointedly, already working on his clothes. 

Standing up, I took my heels off and then walked to the vanity, quickly removing all the jewelry and my dupatta. I let my hair out of the elegant bun it was in and stood still as he came up behind me, his chest bare, and began helping with the strings of the blouse, pressing kisses to my shoulder and down my spine in the process. 

"Did you like the wedding?" he whispered, resting his chin on my shoulder before slipping my blouse off and then unhooking my skirt, letting it pool at my ankles. 

I hummed in response, glancing at my mehendi-covered hands in the mirror before I turned to face him, resting my hands on his shoulders before trailing them down his chest. "I loved all of it. Thank you." 

"Don't thank me. I owed it to you. I love you, Lyubov." 

"I love you," I grinned, my fingers tangling in his hair as he leaned forward to kiss me and picked me up. I locked my legs around his waist as he walked to the bed and lay me down, hovering on top of me. "How does it feel to be married again?" I asked as he trailed kisses down my chest and stomach. 

"Like you made me the happiest man in the world all over again," he answered before carefully pulling my underwear down. "Lift your hips for me, Lyubov," he whispered. 

I did just before he leaned back up and kissed me with a grin while tugging them down my legs and throwing them onto the floor. 

"I love you so much," he said breathlessly before sliding down between my legs.

.

.

.

.

.

Chapter 53

YA'LL WANTED THE BIG FAT INDIAN WEDDING I KNOW! HERE IT IS!

WHAT DID YOU THINK? DID WE LIKE IT??

next ch: epilogue 2

:( ahhh so close to the end :)