Epilogue 1

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Epilogue 1

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 53: Epilogue 1 (Evie's POV)

Six months later...

"Stand still, Evie!" my Mom groaned, struggling to pin down my dupatta to my shoulder. 

I ignored her and slowly turned around, searching the room for Priya, who wasn't there when I needed her. The doors opened and she strolled in while adjusting her earrings. "Priya, Priya! I've been looking for you!" I huffed. "Please go check on Rowan." 

Her nose scrunched up. "I'm sure he's just fine. How hard can it be to get ready for a big fat Indian wedding?" She shrugged nonchalantly. 

"Priya," I pleaded. 

"Your Dad's helping him anyway." 

"And my Dad doesn't know a thing about Indian weddings," I replied pointedly. "At least ask Rohan?" 

"Fine," she sang and then left, calling for her husband. After a while, she came back in while I sat in the chair and let Mom adjust the dupatta some more. Priya came and sat beside me, watching me and shaking her head softly. "Look at the grin on your face." 

I only grinned wider, staring at the silver-white lehenga with champagne gold embroidery and a sheer dupatta with some more embroidery of the same shades. Matching the silver-white attire, I had on a matching set of polki diamond earrings and a heavy collar-choker necklace. 

"Humor me. Was it your idea or his to have an Indian wedding despite already being married?" 

I glanced down at my bangles as I adjusted them, spinning them around my wrist. "His," I smiled, thinking back to that night. 

It was barely a month after we came back from Russia and Rowan was finally elected as the official CEO by voting of the shareholders. For a while, Rowan had been asking questions about Indian weddings. A few weeks after that, we were just lying in bed together when he told me what he had been planning. 

"Lyubov," he mumbled, tracing my arm up and down. 

"Hmm?" I asked, staring out the window as the rain poured down steadily. 

"Let's get married." 

I blinked in confusion and looked up at him. "What?" I laughed. "We already are married." 

"Let's get married again. This time, the way you want it. Everything you wanted the first time but I couldn't give you, everything on your list. Let's... have an Indian wedding." 

I lifted myself onto my elbow and stared at him, biting down a grin. "Do you know what you're asking for?" 

He shrugged casually. "I don't care how expensive or hectic it'll be. I had to deny you what you wanted the first time because we didn't have enough time. But now... we have all the time in the world, don't we? Let's get married again, exactly how you want it."