Chapter 9 | Needed Hug

Start from the beginning

I quickly shut off the shower as I pull up a clean pair of underwear then sliding on a navy blue shirt and some grey nike sweats that I saw laying around. Not even caring to put a bra on. Hate bras. Suffocating shits.

I feel my soaked hair damp the back of my shirt as I run down the stairs, confused on why she's here at 5 o'clock in the morning. I stop. My feet plants into the ground as I get off the last step of the stair case, glancing at the clock.

8:00.

It's 8 o'clock in the morning. I took a shower for 3 hours...

The fucking water bill. Fuck.

I feel my heart pound through my ears, feeling it travel to the tips of my fingers until I hear Rayne's voice again.

"Hey! I was just kidding! I won't—I won't really shit on your front door..." a long pause. "I a-actually might Jaylin! I'm going to do it! My hands are on my pants! My pants are coming down! My pants are going to my buttcra-"

I pause again, seeing the kitchen floor. But I ignore it. It's not like she's going to come into the house.

I open the door and glance down Rayne stopping mid-way into pulling her pants down. This bitch was actually going to do it.

Respect.

She wears black cargo pants that fit perfectly on her, cuffed at the bottom, with some classic messy air force 1's, a black flannel that looks big on her but still makes a way to fit her, a basic white tee underneath, and a 'R' gold necklace.

Her face lights up. "Hey, baby!" she opens her arms as she embraces me into her arms.

She sways me back and forth as I don't know where to place my hands, so they stay by my side. She grabs my shoulders as she pulls back, having her eyebrows furrowed.

"Babe. I wasn't actually going to-"

I see her eyes travel to my neck.

I take a step back as her eyes rapidly change. "Why's there a long bruise streak on your neck?" she says with a monotone.

I cover my neck with my hand, unable to make eye contact with her. "T-This is just some redness from my scratching," I lie.

I haven't had a chance to look. I didn't know there was a leftover mark. There wasn't one from before when he first strangled me.

"Scratching?" she cocks an eyebrow at me. She doesn't believe it.

"Yeah. I'm allergic to tree nuts! I-I accidentally had s-some last night...? Yeah." I lie again. I'm actually allergic to nothing.

She stares at me as there was a moment of silence. I watch her inhale a big chunk of air as her chest rises. "Okay!" she steps into the house. Her voice going back to normal.

I don't know if that's even here real voice. The one that said she's going to shit on my front door or the one that changed completely into asking about my neck.

Shit the kitchen. "W-wait...! Rayne-"

And she's already in the house. Her body faces the mess on the floor.

I don't want to listen to questions. I don't want to explain myself. I don't want to even try to put effort. "Rayne, I'm sorry. But I really think its best that you lea-"

"If you had a mess here, I could've helped." she starts to pick up the papers.

"Rayne." I call her name.

"You're such a mess and a klutz." she collects the papers across the floor.

She's ignoring me. "Rayne." I call her name again, going to her as I grab her hand.