𝐕. 𝐁𝐄𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐘𝐀𝐋 𝐈𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐎𝐍𝐋𝐘 𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐓𝐇 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐂𝐊𝐒

Start from the beginning

The quench of blood inside the redhead seemed to smile gleefully, feet already almost sprinting to enter the cafeteria. She barely registered Sohee's startled gasp, and the light trail of footsteps, indicating she was running after her.

Both the girls climbed down the stairs, noticing a group of students surrounding the TV.

"Jandi," Miranda said, trying to sound sympathetic, pointing at the TV with narrowed eyes.

Belle squinted her eyes at the screen and saw pictures of a little girl and Oh Minji side by side. 'The truth about Oh Mini's past. Before and after plastic surgery,' The headline read. An adorable child about five or younger smiled in the picture but Belle was too busy glaring daggers at Minji's picture, hatred seeping deep into her bones.

"Jandi, how could Minji do this to you?" Sunny asked, her face contorted into a forced sympathetic expression as she pointed at the screen with her glittering nails.

Belle rolled her eyes skywards at her, a sarcastic scoff already escaping her lips. The trio of so-called mean girls, feigning concern for Jandi should she become injured or perish, was a level of hypocrisy the redhead could not fathom. All three were two-faced serpents.

"She's stabbed you in the back," Miranda added. "The trouble you had to go through because of her!"

As if they wouldn't stab a dagger behind Jandi's back if given the chance.

The trio of girls patted Jandi's head sympathetically in a false pretense of concern and tsked making the brunette almost hunch into herself uncomfortably.

"She's so scary! Once you've had plastic surgery, it hurts so much you don't want to do it twice." Ginger said, pushing herself forward and placing herself behind Jandi.

"No one would be ugly if everyone got plastic surgery." Sunny pointed out.

"Is that the face of a human being?" Miranda asked pointing her finger again at the monitor and then pointing at her own face. "If I were her, I would've committed suicide."

A low rumble of laughter sounded around the cafeteria.

Jandi also showed her displeasure, just like Belle, as she gave the girls with the pretentious mean girl remarks an icy stare. After glancing at the monitor for a brief moment, she quickly responded.

"Your eyes." Miranda gasped as she put her finger near her eyes.

"Your nose." Now it was Ginger's turn to gasp as she covered her plastic nose.

"Teeth." Sunny gasped.

"I bet you paid for them." The girls looked sheepishly at each other, cheeks reddening and not protesting. "You can buy whatever you want with the money. So why not one's face? All of you have had plastic surgery, so why are you making fun of Minji?"

There was a small pause and Jandi continued.

"So it's okay for pretty girls to have plastic surgery, but it's not right for ugly people to get work done?" The doe-eyed Geum narrowed her eyes, her gaze sharp like an eagle as she pointed out the hypocrisy of the girls. "You have to pay a price. Plastic surgery can be very painful. And what's wrong with that? Can anyone blame Minji for what she did? Speak up if you dare!"

The students gathered and ducked their heads, embarrassed eyes refusing to meet Jandi's ones filled with passion.

Jandi walked away from the group and Belle followed her and came face to face with the person Belle had just itched to see; Oh Minji.

Immediately anger washed over the redhead, clinging on to her skin and sinking deeper into her bones. An immediate chill spread over her back and chest, straightening her spine as a result as her nails dug into her palms, a sneer forming on her lips.