Chapter 4: Unwanted Tutor

Ayanokouji was staring up at the second floor, with a complicated expression. 

Getting these girls to study proved to be far more tiresome and challenging than he had anticipated; it appears he will have to put in more effort than he wanted to. 

'H-He seems deep in thought, what is he thinking?' Itsuki is concerned, wondering if Ayanokouji was having second thoughts about teaching them. 

Noticing Ayanokouji's gaze Yotsuba answers, "Er, Ah...I tried to convince them to come out to properly meet you, but..." Her hair ribbon drooped down along with her smile. 

'How is she controlling her ribbon like that?' thought Ayanokouji absentmindedly.

"No, don't blame yourself; neither of you are at fault. I wanted to talk to everyone today, anyway, so why don't you lead the way?" Ayanokouji nods to Yotsuba, who instantly brightens up when she realizes Ayanokouji isn't giving up. 

"Roger that! Just follow meeeeee ~ !" Yotsuba just soars up the stairs and turns around to await Ayanokouji and Itsuki at the top. 

''Is she always like that?'' Ayanokouji asks Itsuki, who was walking beside him.

''Who Yotsuba? Yeah, it's unusual to find her not happy. It's almost as rare as discovering an expensive gem out in the wild. She can't even say 'no' when someone asks for her help. No matter what it is.''

''I see...'' He responds while examining Yotsuba more closely. He found it fascinating that he discovered someone who is unconditionally kind to everyone without any hidden agendas. It's a shame I can't ever be like that.

"All of our bedrooms are side by side, see! First, from left to right - Itsuki, me, Miku, Nino, and Ichika, ehehe ~ " 

Ayanokouji observes that each door has white stripes that decrease from left to right - clearly, a simple yet ingenious approach to identify which rooms are whose, thus eliminating the necessity for nameplates or anything of the type.

-

-

''You two go on ahead, I need to get changed first,'' Itsuki announced before entering her room.

When Ayanokouji peeked at her room, he couldn't help but notice the books for English, Math, Social Studies, Japanese, and Science neatly organized on her shelves. Looking over her books, the young man began to wonder if purchasing this many reference materials for all subjects was really necessary. But at least it was a hint that she's making an effort in her studies?

"Not to be rude, but you have the room of an honors student who aces every test. It's unfortunate that nothing about you shows that." He made a careless remark.

''Guh!?!... '' Itsuki looked shocked.

 '' Itsuki looked shocked