We drove to the nearest police station and Uncle Shawn made me wait in the car. He came out about a half hour later with Murphy. From the look on her face, I knew she was still upset.

"You good?"

She just gave me a look and shook her head.

"I need to go get the rental and go shower," she mumbled.

Uncle Shawn turned and looked at her.

"Everything is going to be okay."

"I know, the cop said no charges were being pressed. I was just detained to diffuse the situation. Whatever."

"Murphy..."

"Uncle Shawn, please just drive."

He gave her one final look before turning in his seat. Going back to the restaurant, Murphy and Uncle Shawn got out of the car. He told me to stay put. Okay, I am almost 17 years old. I don't need my parents and uncles trying to keep me out of stuff like I'm some little kid. I saw them going back and forth before Murphy got in the car, driving off, as Uncle Shawn got back in.

"Is she going back to your house?"

"Yes, she is."

"So, do you think we're in trouble?"

"In trouble for what?"

"Well, you know how you guys are."

"I understand that, but this time is an exception. Now, if your sister decides to go and seek revenge on this when she knows better, then yes, there will be an issue. I need to swing back by the office to pick something up then we'll go home."

I didn't say anything else the remainder of the car ride. I went in the house and up to my room. Murphy was sitting on the bed on the phone. She had showered and changed already.

Mom, I'm fine. No I don't need you or dad to come down here. Uncle Shawn handled everything. Mom, please. Okay. Alright. I will. Love you, too. Bye.

She sighed, throwing herself back on the bed.

"You know, I don't know who's worse, mom or dad."

"How upset were they?"

"They weren't really. Uncle Shawn had called them already explaining what happened. They just wanted to make sure I was okay."

"Well, that's good."

"Mm hmm."

"So, are you going after the girl?"

"Not today, at least."

"Murphy..."

"She spit on me. She's lucky that all I did was break her damn nose. We'll cross paths again and I guarantee she won't spit on me or anyone else again."

"Wait, what do you..."

"I'm just saying. This is far from over."

Before I could say anything, her phone rang.

"Dammit, it's Ethan."

She left the room and I took that as my cue to get comfortable. Just as I did, my phone went off. It was my dad. Answering the phone I couldn't tell from the expression on his face what his mood was.

Hello.

Hey, Princess. How was your day?

Fine until everything went down with Murphy. I would've punched that girl myself but...

I'm glad you didn't. I don't need two of you in trouble, plus you're still nursing an injury.

Doctor said another week and I'm good.