0.04 | 𝘕𝘦𝘦𝘥 𝘔𝘺 𝘗𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘯𝘦𝘳 𝘉𝘢𝘤𝘬

Start from the beginning

"Well I certainly won't be doing that." The General replies.

"I think he's ready to come back, that's why I'm contacting you now. I just wanted him to get some much needed rest before going back. I hope you understand."

"Of course, Mirah, thank you for taking care of my Commander. I'll be sending someone for him as soon as possible. We'll be in touch."

"Thank you, Leia." Mirah replies right before the holocall is disconnected.

"Lieutenant Connix," She calls out, the Lieutenant coming in shorty after.

"Yes General?" She asks.

"Have Lieutenant Vondar bring Commander Cardell to me, please."

"On it."

8==<\/>==8
| |

Sabe's Point Of View

When Poe was about to leave, I refused to talk to him. Honestly, I couldn't handle it.

My partner went on a mission without me, honestly I can't handle any of it.

He's been gone a few days now, and I'm starting to get antsy. More antsy then I adjust was that is.

He should be coming back anytime now, and everything will be okay.

But for now, I'm left to wallow in my own self pity with nothing to do while my partner is gone.

I haven't seen General Leia since I confronted her about sending Poe alone, and I don't plan to see her any time soon.

With Poe gone, I really have nothing to do on base. If he were here, there's no doubt he and I would be off together somewhere around base, either combat training, going over flight training, or just hanging out.

Instead of Poe and I running perimeter checks, Snap and Pava have taken over for the time being, leaving me with no duties here on a base.

So with nothing better to do, I often find myself wandering aimlessly around base. And that's what I'm doing right now.

As I walk around the hot D'qar base, I find myself on the flight deck, walking over to my ship.

The spot next to mine is empty, and looking at it doesn't settle right with me. Poe's ship should be here, especially by now. It doesn't feel right.

I look away from his spot, not able to handle the feeling it's emptiness brings me. Looking back to my ship, I decide to climb it and sit on the wing. It's something Poe and I do a lot when we have no business to attend to around base.

Plopping myself down at the edge of the wing, I let my feet dangle and sway back and forth.

I stay that way for who knows how long, just dangling my feet and watching them swing.

The base seems to be oddly quiet, eerily so. Not as many people are around, and the ones who are here are working quietly amongst themselves.

Normally I enjoy the quiet, taking in the peace it brings and using it for time to think. But this type of quiet doesn't seem peaceful to me, causing me to only worry more rather than relax.

Just then, under my feet, I see a figure approach my ship from underneath my wing, somewhat startling me.

"Hey," Lieutenant Vondar calls from beneath me, looking up at me, "You busy?"

"Does it look like I am?" I sarcastically respond, earning a chuckle from Ailyn.

"Not at all. But I have news for you. About Poe."

Her words immediately change the atmosphere into a sense of seriousness, and I waste no time getting down from the wing, skipping the whole climbing down thing and jumping down instead to save time.

"Is he on his way back?" I ask, rushing out the words.

My face is filled with hope, but when I notice Ailyn grimace at the question, my expression falls.

"What happened?"

I wonder who Mirah Bey is and how falls into this 👀 oh wait I already know but you don't find out till the next couple chapters

I wonder who Mirah Bey is and how falls into this 👀 oh wait I already know but you don't find out till the next couple chapters. Just wait till yall find out who her husband (Poe's uncle) is!!!