The Merchant from the Depths

Depuis le début

(Y/n) blinked at him, "So...what you're saying is that most of the student body cheated."

"Does that mean that there are guys from last year who lost the bet and still haven't gotten their powers back?" Jack said.

"Actually, he returned the powers he took from students last year as part of an arrangement he made with me. In return, I granted him permission to run the Mostro Lounge on school property."

"What?!"

"Night Raven College is a historic and prestigious institution famed for producing the finest of magicians. Yet now the campus is replete with students capable of only minor feats of magic—a fact I'm sure you're none too pleased about, Headmage. Which is why I have a proposal...and it's on I think you will find to be quite beneficial."

"That was how he framed it." Crowley said.

"Talk about brazen. I mean, blackmailing the headmage into a deal? No wonder Leona-senpai wants nothin' to do with this guy."

"And when he offered to contribute 10% of the proceeds to the school...Why, who could I say no to such a mutually beneficial arrangement?"

"Wait, so you're gettin' something from it?!"

"Dear oh dear. I can only wonder what demands he'll make of me this year. Whatever he wants, I will undoubtedly be forced to acquiesce. What else can I do for our idiotic—ah, that is, our poor, unfortunate students?" He then smiled to himself, "My immense kindness always gets the better of me."

The girl could only deadpan, 'You literally called your students idiotic...' She thought.

"Ashengrotto "merely" studies diligently, then share his rightfully-earned knowledge with other students out of the kindness of his heart...It wouldn't do for a teacher to discourage such earnest behavior. Why must every student in our school arrive with some amount of baggage to sort out?! Oooh, woe is meee!" He cried.

"I'm getting a bad feeling about this..." She mumbled.

The male instantly looked at her, "And that's where you come in, (Y/n)."

'And there it is...'

"Would you be so kind as to persuade Ashengrotto to cease this little game of his?"

"I don't think persuading is an option..."

"Incidentally, Ramshackle Dorm's food expenses have been mounting as of late, as I recall. You must be terribly strapped for cash...And alas, I'm so preoccupied researching a way to return someone to their home, I have so little time to address other problems...Oh, but don't worry about me, really. I am, as you know, a philanthropist to the core."

The girl's eye twitched slightly, 'One of these days I'm just going to burn him to a crisp...and I won't feel bad. And I'm keeping the card of his.'

"With teachers like this, no wonder our students are the way they are." Jack mumbled.

(Y/n) sighed, "I'll do what I can, no promises."

Crowley instantly smiled, "You'll accept my request, then? Wonderful, (Y/n)! I knew I saw potential in this prefect! Then I'll be going now, as I am a very busy man. I'm counting on you!" He said, then walked out.

"Boy, you never know when the headmage'll pop up." The silver haired male said, before looking at the girl, "Okay, so what exactly is your plan here? Because you're kinda right—just going to Azul and askin' him nicely isn't gonna just get you anywhere."

The girl nodded, before looking down at the floor, "We could always watch him...but then again he could spot us..." She began to mumbled, which made the male sweatdrop.