'I'm sure you will get really happy news in a few months.'

With the sudden appearance of Hayes and his disciple who looked exactly like her daughter just now, he was sure that this was the happy news Edwin talked about.

Hayes also promised to visit them in the future. Elijah knew that Hayes wasn't someone who didn't keep his words. When the time comes, he will prepare everything to welcome his long-lost daughter.

"We will see her again, Amelia. I promised."

Zoella who walked side by side with Hayes still couldn't forget the way the Countess called her. Of course, she had her suspicion when she saw the couple's physical traits.

The Count had the same violet eyes as hers while the Countess had the bluish silver hair. It was a possibility that the Count and Countess were her parents.

'More like this body's parents.'

Zoella almost forgot that she wasn't someone from this world. She was a stranger who suddenly woke up in a body whose face was similar to hers.

While Zoella was busy with her mind, so was Hayes. Their meeting with the Leighton couple earlier was a complete coincidence. He had a plan to introduce Zoella to them but not this fast.

Silence filled their way to the mercenary guild and before they realized it, they both had arrived. Hayes and Zoella went straight to the manager to report.

After the manager received their report, Hayes and Zoella decided to rest as well as had lunch there.

"Zoe, what do you think about the Count and his wife?"

Hayes asked while they wait for their order. Zoella took some time before she answer.

"They looked like good people."

Hayes didn't say anything as he thought Zoella still hadn't finished her sentence.

"Teacher, the Countess called me her daughter. I had that thought when I saw them but..."

"Well, that's why I buy you some time to think. We'll visit them once you're ready."

Zoella nodded subtly. Not long after that, they enjoyed their meals in silence. There was something Zoella wanted to ask Hayes but she didn't have the courage to do it.

When they finished their meals, Hayes told Zoella that he had already decided their next mission. Apparently, Hayes took two posters last time. His original plan was to do two missions in a day but their encounter with the ogres ruined it.

He handed the poster to Zoella. It was a request to get rid of a mysterious thief. The villagers had done anything to prevent him but it was all useless.

"The village is quite far so maybe if we depart now we will arrive tomorrow morning."

"Okay. When are we leaving?"

"Now, let's go."

Hayes paid for their meals before the two left for their next mission. This time too, they needed to walk through the forest. Luckily, they didn't encounter any monsters. Rather than that, Hayes needed to keep an eye on Zoella because she would suddenly disappear to see the plants.

Somehow, Zoella always gets distracted so Hayes was having a hard time. On the other hand, Zoella felt excitement in her heart as she got to see the plants she couldn't see in the forest near the Academy.

She couldn't help it and always came running to the plants that picked her interest.

Because of that, the night had come before they even reached halfway to the village. Thus, Hayes and Zoella needed to stay the night in the forest.

Crackle crackle~

Hayes skillfully roasted some rabbits that Zoella caught with her arrows as a punishment earlier. And Zoella was busy observing the plants she gathered through the forest.

"Just what is so interesting about those weeds?"

"Weeds?! These little guys are the ones who will save your life from poison!"

"Yeah, right. Put that down and eat."

Zoella pouted but she still did it. She took a nice roasted rabbit from Hayes and blew it to cool it down.

She felt a little guilty when she was about to eat it. Zoella remembered how cute these rabbits were when Hayes told her to kill them. Zoella closed her eyes as she took a bite.

'It's delicious. Sorry bunny, I have no choice but to savor you.'

Zoella took a glance at her teacher who also savored the rabbit he cooked.

"Teacher, can I ask you a question?"

Hayes nodded with his mouth still full of meat.

"It's just a random thought. If... you suddenly fell to another world, what would you do?"

Hayes was about to take another bite if he didn't hear Zoella's question clearly. He looked at her with his brow knotted. It was really rare for Zoella to ask a question like this.

"Wow, you compared this situation to something like that?"

"Just answer me!"

"Fine, geez."

Zoella waited for his answer with anticipation in her heart. After a while, Hayes finally spoke his mind.

"I'll take it as a chance to start over. I'll do what I wasn't able to do. And do my best to live my life to the fullest so I won't regret it. After all, I have no choice but to move forward."

Zoella lowered her gaze. Hayes's words seemed to seep into her mind. After all, what Hayes said was right.

Whether this body was her original body or not, it didn't matter now. She was the one who lead this life. And she was the one who will choose her path in a way she wouldn't have any regret.