0.03 | 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘔𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘒𝘯𝘰𝘸

Start from the beginning

"It's nothing Sabe. I promise." He replies, brushing her words off.

She deadpands another look at him. "Clearly it's not."

"Okay fine," He snaps, finally giving in to her pushing. "It's just if I do get caught, no one comes for me."

She's taken aback by this, searching his face trying to understand his words.

"What...?" She trails off.

"If I get captured, no one's gonna bail me out. No rescue mission... That'll be it for me."

"Oh hell no."

8==<\/>==8
| |

Sabe Cardell makes her way through the halls of the Resistance base to the command center in a hurry.

Her motions are sharp, her walk purposeful so that anyone she passes knows not to bother her.

When she arrives to the command room, Sabe wastes no time making her way into the General's office.

"You're not sending Poe alone to Jakku." The dark haired girl states right as General Organa comes into her view.

General Leia only looks up at the girl, studying her with a scrutinizing gaze. "Excuse me?"

"You heard me. I'm going to Jakku with Poe. He's not going by himself."

"Commander Cardell, I don't think that this is your decision to make." Her General soflty replies.

Sabe raises her eyebrow daringly, showing no sign of resolve. "It is if my General is incapable of making proper decisions for her officers."

Poe heaves a sigh of frustration, somewhat caught off guard by his partners words "Sabe, c'mon..." He trails off.

"I'm sorry General," Sabe begins, cutting off anything else Poe has to say. "-but Poe and I partners. If he goes on a mission, so do I."

The General heaves a sigh before taking. "Sabe, I need you here. Poe will-"

"If Poe goes alone," Sabe interrupts, "-he'll have no one to protect him if something goes wrong."

"Commander Dameron knows the risks and has agreed to go. Alone." The general firmly states.

Sabe throws her arms up in a heap of frustration. "I don't care if he knows the risks or not!" She exclaims. "I'm going."

"You don't call the shots around here, Cardell. I do." Leia says in her commanding General voice.

"Yeah? Well those are some pretty shitty shots then." Sabe huffs out in response, futher upsetting the General.

"Commander, I have every right to demote you if I want to, and if you don't accept the fact that Commander Dameron is going on this mission alone, I have no problem changing your title to Captain." She firmly states.

Her General's words take her aback, and leave a sting in her heart and a ache in her chest. Her resolve crumbles, yet she does her best to keep a straight face to show that the General's words didn't affect her.

"Fine." Sabe states, beginning to give in. "If that's how it's gonna be, then okay." She sighs, backing away slowly from Leia towards the exist. "But if Poe gets captured or worse, killed, just know that it's his blood on your hands." She finishes, just as she reaches the exist and storms off, leaving Poe and Leia to themselves.

Poe is the first one to break the silence after his partner left, sighing before turning back to General Organa.

"Did you have to be so hard on her?" He questions.

"She knows her place in this war, as do you. She just needs to be reminded where her place is."

Sabe really popped off at Leia

Sabe really popped off at Leia. All badass and stuff. Gotta love our girl not putting up with bullshit.

I don't really know what else to say lol

See ya next chapter!