Part 13

My eyes are closed. They have been for the last.. 3 hours. I think. But I have not been able to sleep at all. My mind is crowded with thoughts coming in from every direction, overwhelming me.

After Daisy rushed off, I went back to my room with the intention of drowning myself. Well, maybe not that. However, I did take a shower. With ice cold water. Would normally never torture myself like that. Then I changed into a bra and shorts and threw myself on the bed, crawling under the thick blanket. It's actually a very nice blanket. Thanks, S.H.I.E.L.D.

Everything that happened. Oh god. It's just. So much. I was so close. She started it. Does she like me back? But. What if she doesn't? What if I'm holding up hope for something impossible?

Nothing is clear to me other than the fact that I am going to murder whoever was on the other end of these comms. Be ready, you piece of shit.

I feel my stomach cry out for food. Right. It's been a while. I do not feel like getting up though. It's about 5 p.m. I could survive till tomorrow. But it's not like I have a choice. This growling bitch isn't going to shut up soon.

I pull on some less revealing clothes and grab my keys. I still don't see the point of locking my door, but if you give me the opportunity, I must take it. Would be funny to see a thief among S.H.I.E.L.D. itself though.

I wander around till I get to the cafeteria. There's a bunch of people there, eating and chatting. The clatter of utensils is deafening.

I go for pasta. It doesn't look the best, but if I want pasta, I'll get pasta. I also get some side salad and a cup of tea. I think it's with wild berries. As I sit down at a free table, I notice Alicia walking in. She spots me too and waves. I gesture her to come and join me.

Once we're done with early dinner, I find my way back to my room. It's kind of separated from everything else in the building, I haven't seen anyone walking around here.

I had a fun talk with Alicia, she told me what she had been up to. I wanted to tell her about the situation with Daisy, but decided not to. She was very happy about me becoming a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent though.

I'm glad we're on good terms again. I missed her.

* * *

I pull on my sneakers and lock the door. It's 11:47. I had to be on the Quinjet before 12. Or so Coulson told me. I can still make it.

I jog towards the plane garage. Or whatever.

I'm scared of today, to be honest. Going to my apartment with Daisy after what happened. But it's necessary to get my stuff. I hope it won't be too weird.

I get there right at 12 p.m., but don't see Daisy anywhere. Instead, Bobbi and Hunter are waving me over.

"Hey, what's up?" I walk up to them. "Where's Daisy? I'm kind of running late."

"Oi lad, Daisy couldn't make it," Hunter says cheerfully. "We'll come with you instead."

Oh.

I nod and smile, but I'm quite sure Bobbi notices my hidden emotions.

We get on the plane and take off. Bobbi asks me for my apartment's location, and embarrassingly enough, I almost don't remember.

We land a little further away in a parking lot. On the walk to my place Hunter makes a lot of bad jokes, but it raises my mood. Bobbi is glancing at me with a weird look when she thinks I'm not looking. Little does she know. I have eyes.