9: Arjun's Decision

Arjun's inner self screamed upon seeing the torpid figure of that epitome of beauty lying on his lap.....

" Please rishivar.. please don't say like that please.." arjun pleaded infront of that old sage, joining his hands as his cheeks got soaked in the tears of helplessness ...

" It's the reality lad... accept it.." chaluka replied with a sad face...

Arjun looked down at the stiff figure of draupadi..he still couldn't come out from the clutches of the catastrophe happened right before his eyes...
He caressed on her lifeless palms...its getting cold by each passing second and he could feel it...
No...he can't go back without her...what will he reply to his uncle,his aunt? What about sarwanand,who is desperately waiting for his children to return safely..how can he go infront of them without her?...

" Please I beg you rishivar...help me.. please..I can't go without her" Arjun's voice broke as he joined his hands infront of chaluka...

Chaluka,as a mere attempt, again held draupadi's cold hands and closed his eyes... being got the power of clairvoyance by inheritance, chaluka saw her past and present life,thus a small smile formed on chaluka's lips...

" But she's not born to die so soon...she has to live"
Suddenly chaluka said, gaining attention of arjun... Arjun slowly turned his head towards chaluka with anticipation in his eyes...

" Is that true...so that means?" A ray of hope added lights into Arjun's face as it glowed in happiness....

" Yes...but tell me lad .. you are so adamant to have her alive..who is she to you?" Chaluka's big round eyes carried a glint of curiosity...

" She...she is my responsibility...my aunt and uncle had imposed the responsibility to protect her in my hands" arjun said nonchalantly , gazing at draupadi...a tear fell from his eyes, wiping off her blood...

" Oh...is she your cousin?" Chaluka asked raising his eyebrows,even though chaluka was well aware of her identity,he just wanted to know what he feels for her...

" No... daughter of court musician...well precisely not...she is a refugee from panchal.." arjun replied ,as if he was deeply immersed in some thoughts...

" But she is just a refugee and is also dead now.. leave her mortal body here and you leave from here as soon as possible... staying here may cause harm to you too .." chaluka suggested just to test Arjun's mind...

" No..I brought her here..if I go out of this place..then she'll be with me.. otherwise I too won't go ..if staying here may cause harm to me,then let my mortal body to perish here,with her... she's my responsibility...I won't leave her"
And arjun stated his reply without even rethinking...Whoever in his place would think again regarding the statement that chaluka explained..but savyasachi was determined....A smile instantly came on chaluka's lips and he nodded his head..

" Oh I see...look lad...if you are this much determined to bring her back into life..then I have a remedy for this..but first promise me .. promise me that you'll do anything I say..." Chaluka stated , looking directly into Arjun's Hazels...

" I'll even sacrifice my life to get her back ..to keep my promise.." arjun said with determination sparkling in his eyes...

" Then Carry her and come with me.." chaluka immediately said to which arjun did the same..arjun immediately carried draupadi in his arms...

Arjun saw chaluka clapping his hands and another dwarf sage as same as him ran towards them and handed a fire lamp to chaluka... chaluka led the path and arjun carried the mortal body of draupadi with a heavy heart and determined face...it looked like dark clouds carrying lightening,when arjun carried her in bridal style..