The Runaway Bride Part Four

Very Long chapter for you guys today!

"The bride is feisty." 

"Yes, I am! And I don't know what you are, you big thing, but a spider's just a spider and an axe is an axe! Now, do it!" Donna yells at Lance, Celeste looking at the man with disappointment. 

Mockingly swinging the axe, the Empress hisses at Lance before the pair start to chillingly laugh at the quartet beneath them. 

"I hope it's painful when her children eat you." Celeste speaks up first, Lance looking down at her with a blank look, not admitting to the fear he feels at her cold words. 

"That was a good one. Your face." Shaking himself off, Lance laughs and smirks with an amused expression. 

"Lance is funny." The Empress cackles, her pincers clicking menacingly. 

"What?" Donna's voice was broken and Celeste wraps an arm around the bride in comfort, the redhead leaning into the Time Lord's bonded. 

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry Donna." Alfie glared up at Lance, protectively moving closer to Donna.

"Sorry for what? Lance, don't be so stupid! Get her!" Still not fully admitting to herself what had happened

"God, she's thick. Months I've had to put up with her. Months. A woman who can't even point to Germany on a map." 

"Oi! Dickhead! Lay off." 

"I don't understand." Donna mumbles quietly, tears brewing in her eyes. 

"How did you meet him?" 

"What?"

"How did you meet him Donna?" The Doctor's voice was soft, his eyes dark with barely contained anger.

"In the office." 

"He made you coffee." 

"He made you coffee every day." Alfie added, his voice quiet as he tightly clutched his Bonded's hand. "You had to be dosed with liquid particles over six months."

"He was poisoning me." Donna looked up at the Doctor and Alfie aghast, tightly holding onto Celeste as if she was her only life line. 

"It was all there in the job title. The Head of Human Resources."

"This time, it's personnel." Lance laughs at his own joke, Celeste rolling her eyes in disgust. 

"But, we were getting married."

"Well, I couldn't risk you running off. I had to say yes. And then I was stuck with a woman who thinks the height of excitement is a new flavour Pringle. Oh, I had to sit there and listen to all that yap yap yap. Oh, Brad and Angelina. Is Posh pregnant? X Factor, Atkins Diet, Feng Shui, split ends, text me, text me, text me. Dear God, the never ending fountain of fat, stupid trivia. I deserve a medal."