Three

Akaashi stared at Bokuto, watching as the guard was showing off his skills to some younger guards-in-training.

Washio rolled his eyes. "Can he not go five minutes without showing off?"

"Yeah well, he is Bokuto. I think that would be impossible."

Nodding at the prince, Washio muttered "very true."

Bokuto laughed as he caught his sword that he flipped about ten feet in the air. Akaashi wasn't surprised to see him catch it. He had a thousand times by now. But still...

"Did you see that Akaashi?! Did you?!"

"Mhm. Very nice Bokuto."

Bokuto grinned and went back to doing his thing.

Everything was going fine until the guard said something that had the younger kids running away.

The prince sighed.

Washio rolled his eyes. "Bokuto, you are a fucking moron."

Bokuto, ever dramatic, crossed his arms and let out the world's loudest gasp. "What did you just say to me?!"

"That was harsh," Akaashi muttered.

Washio just smiled. "He deserves to know the truth."

"It's not the truth! I am very smart, thank you. I just mentioned something slightly frightening."

"Sure, sure."

"Watch it Washio."

~

Bokuto sat at a small table in his secret room, going through papers. In a chair in the corner, Akaashi sat reading a book.

Bokuto hated going through guard applications. He didn't see why he had to take care of them when he was meant to be guarding the prince. It was stupid.

"Everything good, Bokuto?"

"Yeah yeah, it's fine. I just hate going through these applications."

Akaashi smirked. "Of course you do."

"Alright your highness, why don't you try doing it?" Bokuto sat the paper in his hands down and tapped it.

"Fine. It can't be that hard."

This time, it was Bokuto's turn to smirk. "That's what you think," he laughed.

Crouching down next to the table, Akaashi squinted at the papers.

"What the hell is all of this?"

"Every single qualification needed to be a guard. Physical strength, health, smarts in literature, smarts in arithmetics, skill with a sword, skill with a bow, presence-"

"Okay I get it." Akaashi threw his hands up in defeat. "It might be slightly difficult."

Bokuto grinned in satisfaction. They went back to a comfortable silence for a fee more minutes before Akaashi sighed.

"I don't want to go to that meeting tonight."

"I know."

"You can't get me out of it?"

Bokuto gave the prince a sympathetic look. "You know I would do anything for you, Akaashi. Absolutely anything. But I can't advise skipping these peace talks."

"I hate it when you're sensible."

"Don't worry, as soon as its over you and I are gonna do something fun!"

Bokuto stood up and stretched his muscled arms. He nodded towards the door and followed Akaashi out of the room.

When they arrived in the meeting hall, Bokuto was surprised to see the prince of an allied kingdom standing before him. Prince Kuroo, to be exact. And next to Kuroo stood his betrothed, Kenma. Bokuto grinned.

When Kuroo noticed him, he grinned back. "Hey Bokuto! Akaashi!" He quickly bowed to the other prince before turning back to Bokuto. "So you're his personal guard now huh? I always knew you'd get that job."

Akaashi smiled. "Long time no see, huh? How's Kenma doing?"

"Oh the usual, you know. Comes to these meetings because I beg him to and stays quiet the whole time."

Slowly, Kenma walked over to them. "I heard my name."

"It's good to see you again," Akaashi said. He leaned down and whispered something in the boys ear. Kenma whispered back.

"What are you two whispering about?"

"Nothing."

"How you two are idiots."

Bokuto gasped. "So cold, my prince."

Akaashi's mother walked over and put a hand on his shoulder. "I hate to ruin your reunion, boys, but the meeting is about to start. But don't worry, the king and I planned a big feast when this is all over." She winked and walked away.

Akaashi and Kuroo sighed together.

"Shall we?"

"Unfortunately, we shall."