One

"Hello, prince," Bokuto said as he slid in place next to Akaashi. He grinned at him, his big goofy smile lightening the mood like always.

The prince merely gave him a small smile in return before looking outside to the orange-streaked sky. Bokuto noted his worry and stepped ever so slightly closer to him.

He put a hand on Akaashi's shoulder and whispered, "What's up? I know I'm the energetic one, but you always say hi." He hated the way Bokuto knee him. They'd been friends for six years now, but still...

Akaashi sighed at his guard. "The peace meetings aren't going well." That was an understatement. They're going horribly.

Bokuto frowned at him. "It'll get better."

Akaashi stood up from the bench he was sitting on and made his way to the inside of the castle. "How can you be so sure?"

"I'm your elder. I am wise and knowledgeable."

"Okay for one thing, you're only a year older. And wise? Don't make me laugh."

Bokuto gasped dramatically, putting a hand over his heart. "You wound me, your highness."

"You're a big strong guard. Get over it."

This time, Bokuto's pout was true. "You are nothing like the princes of fairy tales." He grinned. "I suppose that's a good thing though."

Akaashi smirked, and the two walked in silence towards his room. He couldn't help his glances at his guard. He's pretty tall, muscular, and the black and gold uniform suits him nicely.

At last, Bokuto noticed him. "Something wrong?"

Damn it. "Just curious," Akaashi said, "how did you become a guard when you're only eighteen?" Akaashi prayed he couldn't tell that he was not actually curious about that.

Bokuto grinned proudly. "Lots of training. In fact, I trained so much I beat some of the experience knights in combat practice."

Akaashi smiled at Bokuto's pride. Looking at him, it's not a surprise that he's a guard. But his personality is completely unbecoming of one.

They stopped in front of Akaashi's door and Bokuto bowed. "See you tomorrow, prince." He turned towards the door to his own room, next to Akaashi's because of his job as his personal guard.

"Bokuto wait."

"Hm?"

"Cut it out with the formalities. They don't suit you."

Bokuto grinned at Akaashi. "I've been waiting for you to say that. Night Akaashi."

The prince watched as his guard disappeared into his room. It wouldn't be for long. In the four months Bokuto had been his guard, Akaashi heard him leave his room every single night, just to do one last patrol.

Akaashi entered his own room and shut the door quietly. He had an awful headache and wanted nothing more than to crawl into his bed. And that's exactly what he did.