Fifty-Two (52) - The Reclamation of Wall Maria (II)

Start from the beginning

"Yeah...it's trying to spread flaming wreckage everywhere. It wants to turn Shiganshina...into a sea of fire."

Y/n shook her head, she wiped her eyes then turned to look at Armin.

"What now, Armin?! Are we just going to wait here until some burning houses fall on us?!" Y/n asked.

Armin looked at the h/c-haired lady. He felt nervous the moment he saw the evident anger and hatred on Y/n. He made the wrong choice...and now, this is the result of that wrong choice.

"Hey, what...but what about Hange?!" Connie panickingly asked.

"Did they really all just die in that blast?!" Sasha asked, also panicking.

Y/n clenched her jaw, she muttered a few profanities under her breath just to calm herself. She looked down and sighed. "We don't know that yet. It's possible that some of them are still alive. Even just one...just one person." Y/n said, she closed her eyes, brows furrowing as she thought of Hange.

"But Bertolt isn't going to give us a time out to go save them." Y/n let out a deep sigh, she calmed herself down then looked at Armin. "For now, we take orders...from you, Armin Arlert."

Armin gulped. He looked at his comrades with an anxious look.

"B-begin...retreating. We'll meet with the commander's group and seek his orders. We'll continue our original plan of fighting a war of attrirltion against the colossal titan." Armin said.

Y/n raised a brow, she found some huge holes in the blond-boy's orders.

We'll keep trying to make use his titan's strength...until our maim target appears. His gigantic body won't be able to make it over the wall. So we just have to trap him inside this cage unti he exhausts himself."

"Hold on, Armin." Y/n spoke.

The blond-boy looked at her.

"We can't let Bertolr get near the wall where the commander's group is..."

Armin's eyes widened. "Huh?!"

"The bastard's torching everything around him! Just because there's a wall between us and the horses on the other side, that doesn't mean they're safe. We still share the same sky!"

Armin's eyes widened even more.

"Oh..."

Y/n sighed. He's not thinking straight. The h/c-haired girl stood up up, while Jean assisted her, so she won't fall if she gets another strong headache.

"In other words, if the fire spreads to the buildings inside the wall, we'll have more than dead horses to worry about...the commander's group will be sandwiched between the beast titan to their front and flames to the rear. Yes, a war of attrition is the best way to defeat the colossal titan...but we're limeted too, by the amount of our gas in our maneuvering gear.
We can't depend on time to save us."

Armin stared at Y/n with horror on his face, Y/n's explanations is starting to process inside his mind. 'So...then-- does that mesn we have to defeat...the colossal titan right now?! Relying on no one...but ourselves?!" Armin said.

Y/n seriously nod her head.

"Eek!"

The seven were shocked when a house fell on the house across from them on their right. "A-Armin! The fire's getting close!!" Connie shouted.

"C'mon! We need orders!" Sasha said.

Armin remained silent for a while as he remembered things on his mind.

He then looked at Y/n. "Y/n...could you take over for me?" Armin asked.

Y/n was shocked. "What?!"

"I-I don't know, Y/n!! What are we supposed to do?! We're in this mess to begin with because I misread Bertolt earlier...!!" Armin panickingly said.