Forty-Eight (48) - Stay Here

{Long Chapter Ahead - 4,720 words}

Erwin stopped on his track upon sighting a familiar lady in front of his younger sister's tomb. Y/n's here...

Erwin looked at the bouquet of colorful peonies he bought for Greta, he saw that Y/n bought the same.

A smile crept onto his lips, realizing that other than him, there's one more important person to Greta, who still remembers what's Greta's favorites.

Erwin remained standing from afar and just stared at Y/n's back, the h/c-haired lady is wearing an all black outfit. A cotton black v-neck shirt that she tucked inside her fitting black pants. Her footwear is a black pump heels. Y/n is also wearing a black cap.

While Erwin is wearing his long green coat, formal survey corps uniform.

Erwin decided to go to Y/n.

He didn't even get close to her yet, when his niece had already turned to look back at him. Oh...how could I forget? My angel has sharp senses...

Erwin continued walking towards
Y/n while Y/n just looked away, and chose to stare at her mother's tomb.

She didn't look at Erwin even when her uncle is already at her right side.

Erwin placed the peonies he bought for his younger sister beside the peonies Y/n bought for her mother.

Silence reigned between the two,

but it wasn't awkward.

Though, it was still heavy for the two.

"Sorry..."

Erwin looked at his Y/n, when his niece finally spoke. His eyes softened upon seeing Y/n tearing up, he looked down and saw Y/n's fiddling with her fingers while he hands are trembling.

For a moment, the blond-man thought he's staring at a kid Y/n.

Because Y/n was like this, too, when
Y/n lost her mother. Silently tearing up, fiddling with her fingers while her hands are trembling, and just in pain.

"I'm sorry for being rude. I was just... I couldn't take it...it was too much for me. Everything was too hard for me to just accept. That's why...I got so mad. I'm sorry for shouting at you, for ignoring you. I'm sorry, uncle..."

Erwin felt his chest tightened, he never hated Y/n for being inpolite towards him after what happened.

Erwin never got angry at Y/n for shouting at him or for ignoring him.

So Y/n don't really have to apologize to him, because Erwin knows that
Y/n has every right to feel that way.

In fact, he thinks that he should be the one apologizing to his niece.

Y/n looked at Erwin, her tears keeps on streaming down to her cheeks. These past few weeks, everyday, all she's been doing is cry, because it's the only thing she knows to do, in order to let herself release her pain.

(A/n: Thinking how much she'll suffer even more after all this...I feel bad...)

Erwin let out a heavy sigh, he flashed Y/n a sad smile as he went close to her, he held her shoulders and pulled Y/n close to him. The young h/c-haired lady started sobbing when her uncle embraced her, giving her the comfort she's been looking for. "It's okay, Y/n. I'm not mad at you. I understand you. It's okay, angel...it's okay." Erwin said.

(A/n: Y'know that shit when someone says "it's okay" or when they ask "are you okay?" And you're on already crying and it only made you cry even more, they eve hugged you. Like...it just makes u want to cry more lmao.)