Athanasia was afraid she'd have to present herself in front of the whole class or something but she was glad she didn't need to. Taking notes was easy for her, since she already had a basic understanding of the topic, which in this case is photosynthesis.

The empress made it a must for Jeannette to take notes to make sure she had complete understanding of her lessons at school and so Jeannette was compelled to write them and present them to her mother once she's back home. Since Athanasia also started, Penelope applied the same rule to the other princess, but that wasn't any kind of inconvenience to Athanasia since she had a habit of taking notes already anyways. The only difference is that she must show them to somebody else now.

Not many people were doing that, Athanasia could spot a student reading a book under the desk and another one doodling on the desk. She then turned to Jeannette and saw that she had trouble following the lesson and preferred staring outside.

"Hey look." Said girl whispered to her and pointed outside "Those two birds are fighting."

Intrigued, Athanasia also looked outside the window and saw two birds flying around one another in an agressive way, sometimes trying to scratch one another. It was another species of bird that she only saw in pictured encyclopedias. They never visited the imperial gardens.

And she lost interest right after.

"Oh nice." She whispered back as she focused back onto the work while Jeannette continued looking out the window. "Don't you think you should take notes? I think she's almost done but you need to write down these fractions-"

"Wait I missed it? She already erased it from the board?" Jeannette asked, looking back to the front.

"Here, copy this." Athanasia said quietly.

"Ah thank you. It's great that you're here, I always miss these little details-"

"Your highnesses!" The teacher called them out "No chattering if you please, I am still explaining."

The first time, some stranger silenced Athanasia in her whole life. She nodded to the teacher silently and stopped talking to Jeannette.

"And lady Jeannette, I've asked you multiple times to stop staring at the window. If this continues, we'll ask you to sit in the front of the class, do you understand?"

"Yes madam." Jeannette nodded.

"And lady Athanasia, I understand this is your first day in school and you weren't here when class rules were explained, but rule number one is to listen when the teacher speaks." The teacher continued.

"Yes, I'm very sorry, it won't happen again." Athanasia said, pretty impressed by her sternness.

The teacher seemed pleased with her answer. However, whenever she spoke, the whole class would turn to look at her, and that was pretty uncomfortable.

When it was finally time to go home, the two girls hurried to their carriage, escaping an immense crowd. There was no need to narrate lunch. Everyone crowded them in the dining hall and everybody asked if they had enough to eat or if they'd like an extra portion.

As overwhelming as the day turned out to be, Athanasia didn't dislike it. Even though people did crowd her and she was quite scared of what people were thinking of her, she saw that it was actually not a bad thing. She knew people thought of her as "the prostitute's daughter", but she hoped she made good impressions today.