The Ones To Blame

TRIGGER WARNING 

DRUG OVERDOSE. PLESE PROCEED WITH CAUTION!

Flynn POV

"Theo! That looks like her!" I shouted

"I think it is! Make sure that Sammy is behind us!" Theo shouted.

All I could think about in that moment is, "I pray that isn't Zara."

I haven't seen my sister in nearly 4 years, and I miss her everyday. I always would daydream about the day I would see her again. 

Would she be happy to see me?

Is she doing alright?

Thoughts upon thoughts. Questions upon questions. However, seeing her lying on the cold pavement I realized just how wrong I was. I looked at my twin, noticing the far away gaze in his eyes. I know he was feeling as guilty as I was, he was paralyzed by fear. 

"Theo! What do we do she's not moving!" I cried out.

"Call 911!" Theo shouted.

"I'm calling now." Sammy said.

I watched on as Sammy was talking to the 911 operator to scared to look at my sister's face.

"MY SISTER! I THINK SHE OVERDOSED. I'M NOT SURE! SHE IS BARELY MOVING AND HER BREATHING IS SHALLOW." Theo shouted at the 911 operator. Clearly in absolute distress. 

I looked back to my sister the only thing I could do was cry. Declan was also by her side, unsure of what to do and how to help her. 

As we cried, Sammy got off the phone with 911 and I could tell my sister's was slowly losing more and more consciousness. He came to sit by her side as well, placing his hand on her head slowly moving the hair away from her face.

"Come on baby girl, you have to fight. I know you're tired, but I need you to fight a little longer." Sammy said crying. 

"There is so much we have to make up to you so much to talk about. We can't do that if you're not here. So please, don't leave us. I am so sorry sweetheart."  Theo said after Sammy could barely talk anymore.

"This is all my fault! I should have never left her. I promised her I would never leave her. What have I done!" Declan wailed. He was always her favorite, they were the closes in age. Always up to no good and playing pranks when mom was still around and before dad lost himself and started abusing us. 

"This is all of our faults. We never should have left in the first place. Family sticks together and we left without looking back." I said their eyes snapping to meet my eyes and I could tell they agreed. Ezra was still looking lost as ever, not moving from his spot when the ambulance finally came. 

When they loaded her into the ambulance all of us wanted to be with her, but there was no room. As the eldest and now her legal guardian Sammy decided he would be the one to go with her to the hospital.

Declan raced back to Sammy's car and took off behind the ambulance leaving Theo, Ezra and I to go back in Theo's car. 

On the drive to the hospital I prayed to whoever was listening, to keep my baby sister alive. I needed her to be alive. There was so much more she could do with her life, she was only 17.  

She could go to college, get married, have kids, but now here she was fighting for her life and we were the ones to blame.

Hello Butterflies 🦋

I hope all is well.

Here is Flynn's POV

Do you think the brothers are right in blaming themselves?

What do you think will happen to Zara?

Leave your comments and reactions.

Bella 💙